Paul Harrell Has Pancreatic Cancer

I saw that video early this morning. Poor guy spilled the beans because an old girlfriend was stalking him. It’s really a shame all the way around. His delivery is thorough, precise, and easily understood. He’s one of the best firearms reviewers out there and he has a great sense of humor.

BIL was diagnosed Panreatitis in Summer, Pancreatic in Fall, dead in Winter.
Terrible death sentence.
Still, I blame the jab.

BIL was diagnosed Panreatitis in Summer, Pancreatic in Fall, dead in Winter.
Terrible death sentence.
Still, I blame the jab.
Same thing with my grandfather.

Complained about digestive issues for the better part of a year before he was diagnosed on March 17, 2008. He died that September, almost 6 months to the day of being diagnosed. He was 75.

nasty disease. we could all go on and on with our cancer stories but this is the kind of shit he didn't want to hear. gotta try and stay somewhat optimistic, mental attitude is a big part of beating the odds.

Guy I know in town here was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about 3 years ago. Went to Boston and got treatments.

I don't ask him many questions about it because I really don't know him that well, but I ran into him the other day and he looked good!!!

Not sure as to all the details, just saying he seems to be doing quite well. Maybe it will give hope to others.

Guy I know in town here was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about 3 years ago. Went to Boston and got treatments.

I don't ask him many questions about it because I really don't know him that well, but I ran into him the other day and he looked good!!!

Not sure as to all the details, just saying he seems to be doing quite well. Maybe it will give hope to others.

My uncle was in his late 80s when he was diagnosed with PC and given a few months to live. However, they decided to try a round of chemo and he seemed to respond to it so with another coupld of rounds of treatment he survived about 3 years and was relatively ok through most of it. He really only got very sick in the last 4 months or so. Around the time he was diagnosed, a nephew of his wife who was in his 40s was also diagnosed with PC and passed away within two months. Mileage varies with this disease.

Awful news for Paul and a shame he has to step back from his awesome channel. I missed the video where he revealed this and hadn't seen his most recently video so I only heard about it today because Yankee Marshall had a video about it. I also hope he beats the odds.

Let's hope it's the rare kind that's treatable/cureable. Steve Jobs had that kind and chose homeopathic meds and didn't get real meds.
Steve Jobs lived way longer than the average pancreatic cancer patient does. He was one of the lucky ones, statistically. Most people die under a year. Of of our family friends got it and it took him in under a year. :( it's really savage shit, someone can be normal, get it, and go downhill quickly.

@JoseyWales thankfully i looked it up, i am wrong. Avg is 3ish yrs. But it's disturbing as hell, every other account i hear of it, most people seem to get smoked in a year. Cancer f***ing sucks. The worst thing it takes most people too soon. I have an extended wing of my family where the shit took one of my cousins under 60 and another under 70. Both breast cancer.

Steve Jobs lived way longer than the average pancreatic cancer patient does. He was one of the lucky ones, statistically. Most people die under a year. Of of our family friends got it and it took him in under a year. :( it's really savage shit, someone can be normal, get it, and go downhill quickly.
I remember reading that Jobs pancreatic cancer was caught very early, by chance, while going through medical tests for a very large life insurance policy. “Normally” pancreatic cancer is detected due to symptoms and usually by then it’s too late for any meaningful treatment.
Jobs was very luckily but as was mentioned, he decided to forgo western medicine treatment for homeopathic alternative medicine.

I remember reading that Jobs pancreatic cancer was caught very early, by chance, while going through medical tests for a very large life insurance policy. “Normally” pancreatic cancer is detected due to symptoms and usually by then it’s too late for any meaningful treatment.
Jobs was very luckily but as was mentioned, he decided to forgo western medicine treatment for homeopathic alternative medicine.
TBH even if his decision was stupid I don't think it would have made a huge difference the survivability is terrible. There's also the possibility that some of the treatment can just kill you faster, too so don't forget that. The guy I just mentioned when he was on his death bed on hospice he told my dad he should have never taken the last round of chemo. It basically caused him to have a stroke and made the shit he was going through worse. There's basically a point at which treatments are basically like flicking bologna at the wall except the bologna is potentially deadly.

TBH even if his decision was stupid I don't think it would have made a huge difference the survivability is terrible. There's also the possibility that some of the treatment can just kill you faster, too so don't forget that. The guy I just mentioned when he was on his death bed on hospice he told my dad he should have never taken the last round of chemo. It basically caused him to have a stroke and made the shit he was going through worse. There's basically a point at which treatments are basically like flicking bologna at the wall except the bologna is potentially deadly.
The father of one of my sisters friends died during chemo, like literally at the hospital during the middle of a treatment. Had some sort of adverse reaction and died right there.

The father of one of my sisters friends died during chemo, like literally at the hospital during the middle of a treatment. Had some sort of adverse reaction and died right there.
Chemo has been described as “give the patient as much poison as they can stand without killing them.” No, I’m not saying don’t do chemo. But I am saying that it can be risky.

Back
Top Bottom