Payment Closed - Excruciathlon (Bi-Athalon/Mudder) at MRGCI March 17

I can bring extra AR mags, just in case. Has it been decided if there will be a pistol stage? I can bring a glock 17 and 34 and 11 mags if there is, and anybody needs to borrow. What do you guys thing would be better for carrying mags, a molle belt with pouches, or a small backpack?

I can bring extra AR mags, just in case. Has it been decided if there will be a pistol stage? I can bring a glock 17 and 34 and 11 mags if there is, and anybody needs to borrow. What do you guys thing would be better for carrying mags, a molle belt with pouches, or a small backpack?

No official pistol stage, but if guys wanna bring em just in case, we can see if we can sweet talk our way into a nice, fun, family friendly pistol game or two.

Personally, if the belt is comfortable to run in, id go with that....although a backpack will probably work fine.

Anyone else thinking of wearing a vest to carry mags in? Either that or maybe a drop down bag that straps on my belt and leg. I don't think that one would be good though if we are running.

i have an old ALICE set i am wearing, all i have for it is a pistol belt, Y-harness, one single M16 mag pouch, a canteen, and a butt pack. i will cram anything and everything into this or my pocket.

atilla, I think I have one of those triple m16 mag pouches, with the little grenade loops on each side. If you want me to bring that, I can dig around an see if I can find it.

sure! i gave my other one to my buddy in KY so it's gone forever. i'm just going to jam the AK mags in there and use the butt pack if i have to. bringing the canteen to keep hydrated because that's a good thing to do.

if anyone wants i have an old school german web set i can bring... two side pouches and a butt pack with a H-harness. let's get tactical up in this bitch.

i'm dressing up stupid because i hope someone is taking pictures. plus, when would i ever get to use this crap? i don't even remember when or where i got it. [laugh]

i think i'm significantly smaller than that, heh.

i can get three AK mags in each M16 mag pouch... but they kind of... all come out when i rip one out. looks like two mags in the pouch, one in the gun, and one in a pocket! [laugh]

might take off the butt pack as i don't see exactly how i'll even need that. i was just going for full retard. do i need to bring all this shit or what? also i have a spare can of shockwave i got from ed, should i throw that in my pack?

i just want to look silly. [sad2]

edit: i'm working on my sixth AK mag and it's binding up a lot less but i'd also appreciate it if anyone who has a spare could bring it.

Last edited:
>snip<looks like two mags in the pouch, one in the gun, and one in a pocket! [laugh]>snip<

Hate to break the news to you but check the rules.
No firearms during the run.
SAFETY:
-Competitors will NOT be carrying rifles with them as they run. This is 100% non-negotiable. We will provide rifle racks at/near the firing line to store your rifles while you aren't using them.

i just want to look silly. [sad2]

We have every faith in you to deliver on this.

im going to pick up some extra magazines for the AK (tapco) so i should have some reserve. just FYI i do have a nice camcorder (in full HD) if anyone wants to take footage

Hate to break the news to you but check the rules.
No firearms during the run.

i was planning on leaving the rifle cleared on the stand per the rules.

...but i can still make rifle noises and shapes while running.

so there.

Next time get the Extra Medium.

i think a small large would work best.

also this disgusting unholy union of firearms:

attachment.php

Attachments

• unholy.jpg
    unholy.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
After a combination of some creativity, and cannibalizing a few items, I have what looks to be a promising rig to carry my mags and some water. If I'm motivated, I might take it out for a jog after work. It's pretty likely that I'll be a lazy bum, and run an untested rig. :)

So, are we running this all together at one time or one team at a time? Just wondering. I'm glad someone mentioned the belt pouches for AR mags taht have the grenade pockets on them. I have two of them on a GI belt in my basement somewhere. I'll be digging that out to use instead of a vest. I'll probably also fill up my camelback and wear that as well.

Still unsure as to attire for this. Mud, cold and running through crap is not a good combination for shorts that's for sure. Plus running isn't really my thing. Now if we could use a mountain bike, that would be my world!!!!! [wink][laugh]

What's this about colors?

Identification of teams ...nametags and the like aren't really feasible given the possible abuse, so I figured that I'd have you guys tie a short length of flagging tape around each bicep.

The colors that I have are Fuschia, Yellow, White, Blue, and Safety Orange.

I finally finished assembling the trophy. Each year (If this works out to an annual event) the winning team's duo will get their names on a marble block and the year of their victory. That block is part of the ungainly vertical tower that sits atop the trophy. Every ensuing year, another block gets stacked with the winner's names added. This trophy stays at MRGCI, but will be displayed under the pavilion at every NES event. It's a real abortion of a trophy, but there's a little gold-colored guy with a rifle on top [mg]
trophy.jpg

Last edited:
dibs on the pink. dibs on it so bad. pink my team up.

WHO IS CAMPING?! i'm planning on heading up to monadnock around 5:00 or 6:00 and don't want to be the only a**h*** there.

i'm going to be packing up my car soon and heading up. naturally YOUR PHONE IS OFF, ALEX! and i don't have anyone else's number. you bastards better be there!

Well, I hate to say this. But I have to pull out. Have a major outage at work and am heading into the office shortly. All my crap was packed too. Have fun everyone. At least your down to five teams of two now.

OK, so that's 5 teams of 2 ...5 pairs.

You'll be wearing flagging tape armbands color-coded for each team.

I was at the Club till 5:20 this morning, and will be back for 8. Alex and Mark (atilla) were snoozing in their vehicles.

See you folks there.

The water's on, bathrooms open, and kitchen will be run ...burgers, dogs, fries and rings.

Back
Top Bottom