Payment Closed - Excruciathlon (Bi-Athalon/Mudder) at MRGCI March 17

Monadnock

NES Member
Payment Thread - 1st Annual Excruciathalon at Monadnock Rod and Gun Club - Saturday March 17

Payment is now OPEN

Hey Folks, this shoot is open to all NES Forum users (not just Green), and all MRGCI Club Members too. This is the In/Payment thread, When payment is received, your name(s) (as partners if pre-arranged) will be added to the Green list. Since the event is less than four weeks away, we are trying to streamline the signup. If you do not have a partner, please feel to call "In" and atmay will attempt to matchmake you with another single shooter if you cannot find a partner. Please use the existing "Interest" thread to discuss matters not strictly related to calling "In" or making a payment. The background noise is distracting[thinking].

Where:
Monadnock Rod and Gun Club
595 Jaffrey Road/Route 202W
Peterborough, NH 03458

When:
9am Saturday March 17, 2012 (Competition starts 10am and runs till completed)
Club will be open for participant campers on Friday afternoon after 4pm

Who:
Conceived by atmay, and organized by atmay, Andy in NH, MrTwigg and Monadnock. This event is for NES Forum Members (Green or not) and MRGCI Members who pay $21 (PayPal) or $20 (Snail Mail) and can legally possess a firearm (possess doesn't just mean own, it can simply mean touch ...in other words you're not a felon or are restricted by some other legal means). Each member of the pair must pay the entry fee. Note: The only portion ($10) of the attendance fee that is collected and earmarked for MRGCI is strictly insurance related.

Folks who wish to observe and cheer on the participants are welcome to attend for free.

What:
A timed course where marksmanship (accuracy) is measured while under the stress of physical challenges

How:
Contestants compete in pairs using rifles calibered in common "defensive" cartridges - No Armor Piercing, Steel Core or Incendiary Ammunition
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excerpt from the original Excruciathalon thread posted by atmay:

THIS WILL BE A TEAM/PAIR EVENT.

-Course requires 2-3 miles of running
--Also includes carrying bucket of water, carrying and stacking logs
--Each PAIR will be given a specific amount of stuff to carry/move. If one partner does more/all of the work that's fine by me.

-Shooting will be a mix of action shooting from various compromised positions, as well as traditional marksmanship.
--There will be one course of ~10 rounds through a VTAC-style barricade at steel targets
--There will be several courses of fire (50 rounds) from various positions at paper targets.
---Positions include standing, kneeling/semi-supported, prone from behind cover
-Scoring will be time based, with paper scores modifying the time score.

A word on what you should bring to shoot:
-A rifle in a "defensive" caliber. Nothing wussier than 9x19, nothing bigger than 30.06. (9mm, .40, .45, .223, 5.45, 7.62x39, .30 carbine, .308, etc)

No Armor Piercing, Steel Core or Incendiary Ammunition

-I'm expecting to see mostly ARs and maybe an AK or two here, but really, we just want you guys to come out, have fun, get a good workout, and send some lead downrange. If you want to bring your lever gun...go for it. As long as its not that stupid-ass Mossberg tacticool thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Further details will be posted as information develops.

Gates open at 4PM Friday for primitive camping. Meet and greet starts at 9AM Saturday morning, waiver/log sign-in runs until about 9:30 or so. Then the firearms range rules are read ...10AM or so, then the competition begins. Attention campers, Sunday morning 3D Archery starts at 8am.

When you arrive at the event, proceed to the signup table under the pavilion. Here, you will be asked to sign the MRGCI Firearms Range Log (compulsory), and the NES Waiver (compulsory). After signing, your team will be issued a number to wear during the event.

The kitchen will be open during certain posted hours if you want to get some chow.

This is a rain or shine event. Short of a full-blown hurricane, we will run it.

A trophy will be awarded to the winning pair. There may be more info regarding the victors to follow.

Payment:payPal, US Postal Money Order or check (DO NOT send cash or other types of money orders please) - PayPal and Snail Mail payments are due by the end of Wednesday March 14th.

PayPal to: "payment AT mrgci.com" (Remove AT, insert @) - Please include your screen name and real name of yourself and your partner if paying together. And regarding PayPal: DO NOT mention gun, guns, shoot, shooting, trigger, blasting or anything related to firearms in your PayPal transaction (even if the reference is in your screen name). Please just mention "fun run", and select "Service" from the options when processing the payment. Please use the same description on money orders and personal checks (fun run).

Money Orders & Personal Checks
Make payment to:
Monadnock Rod and Gun Club, Inc.

Mailing Address:
Monadnock Rod & Gun Club, Inc.
PO Box 82
Jaffrey, NH 03452

If you have an interest in RSOing, being a MEDIC, helping with target and obstacle/burden SETUP/CLEANUP, or being a TRAIL WARDEN, or TIMEKEEPER please PM myself or atmay

RSO/pre-shoot Ammo and Equipment Check:
Navy Moose

TRAIL WARDEN:
MrTwigg
Tom Hayes
Yazz?

TIMEKEEPER:
PixelPusher

TARGET SCORER:
atmay
Andy in NH

MEDIC:
Boghog1
joeendris

SETUP/CLEANUP:
MrTwigg
PixelPusher
Monadnock
atmay
Andy in NH

PAID:
TEAM 1 joeendris & sweetjeep
Fuschia

Team Name: Knives at a Gunfight
Team Members: The Machinist & Captain Adequate
[/B]

TEAM 2 Lovian & Namnwod -
White

TEAM 3 Creeden & shaw -
Yellow

TEAM 4 Invictus87 & atilla -
Safety Orange

TEAM 5 ???? -
Blue

atmay, cleanup in aisle 5, cleanup in aisle 5 ...need the matchmaker
BeastlyAdams
Gruyere
Rockrivr1

No Armor Piercing, Steel Core or Incendiary Ammunition

Last edited:
I'm in. Will send payment once my work weekend is over.

Looking for a shooting partner. I've shot a bunch of 3-gun and 2-gun competitions + USPSA, IDPA, steel challenge, etc. but this will be my first team match. Looking forward to it.

I run a scoped AR if you're matching people by class.

Thx. --Brian

Last edited:
I'm in. Will send payment once my work weekend is over.

Looking for a shooting partner. I've shot a bunch of 3-gun and 2-gun competitions + USPSA, IDPA, steel challenge, etc. but this will be my first team match. Looking forward to it.

I run a scoped AR if you're matching people by class.

Thx. --Brian

Payment sent. Now gotta work on the running...

This sounds awesome. My friend Namnwod and myself will be going. Will be sending payment shortly. Can't wait to shoot!

I'm in , and so is my partner, shaw. Both paid via Pay Pal. I just joined NES so I could do this. Thanks to PixelPusher for the info. Should be fun and looking forward to it!

Just paid via PayPal. Was unable to find a teammate, everybody has stuff with the girlfriend, needs to work on a truck, needs to work, doesn't mind shooting, but won't run, etc :(

put me down as a maybe... i'm trying to sort something out to try to turn this into an adventure for someone else as well and i'll also be a horrible teammate as i'll be using an evil shitty commie pinko gun if i do this.

put me down as a maybe... i'm trying to sort something out to try to turn this into an adventure for someone else as well and i'll also be a horrible teammate as i'll be using an evil shitty commie pinko gun if i do this.

Great!, but please note that signup time is getting tight. Owing to the nature of the event, logistics play a large role in this "rally start" (you're competing against the clock as much as your opponents) type event. So, knowing the number of teams beforehand is a factor that we're counting on.

Great!, but please note that signup time is getting tight. Owing to the nature of the event, logistics play a large role in this "rally start" (you're competing against the clock as much as your opponents) type event. So, knowing the number of teams beforehand is a factor that we're counting on.

Yea. So man up, sign up and pay up a**h***! [smile]

screw it. i'm in. i just paid.

invictus87, we can be buddies if you want. i'm going to dress ridiculously and shoot an AK so don't expect to win.

also can someone bring up an extra AK mag or two? i'm bringing my AR as well in the event of a failure with the AK or the mags. i know one of my six AK mags binds up pretty hard so that's a concern of mine.

also i will probably come up for camping. who else is going to be there? depending on who is going to do it and how much beer (with firearms secured, natch) you're bringing (can we do that?) is whether i am camping or not.

also can someone bring up an extra AK mag or two? i'm bringing my AR as well in the event of a failure with the AK or the mags. i know one of my six AK mags binds up pretty hard so that's a concern of mine.

also i will probably come up for camping. who else is going to be there? depending on who is going to do it and how much beer (with firearms secured, natch) you're bringing (can we do that?) is whether i am camping or not.

Ill be there aaaallll day Friday. Come on up.

got my tent and puss pad ready to go, will probably bring warm ass clothes and stuff... whatever fits in/on my pack. i wish i had a large alice pack, the medium is just a bit too... medium.

Atilla, I'll bring a couple of AK mags for you to use.

Also, if we're still short one person, I am willing to run it twice provided each team doesn't start at the same time and I don't have to run back-to-back. I may be too tired the second time around, but it could be fun.

sick, thanks. tape yours off with some electrical tape or something so i don't run off with it--or tell me how much you want for it and i might just buy it. i should use one of my troll checks even. yes, checks. i'm a sick person.

i plan on wearing my HSLD mostly-incomplete-and-ridiculous ALICE set with a custom homemade t-shirt that says "WAR ON EVERYTHING". i hope someone is taking pictures of this ridiculousness.

sick, thanks. tape yours off with some electrical tape or something so i don't run off with it--or tell me how much you want for it and i might just buy it. i should use one of my troll checks even. yes, checks. i'm a sick person.

i plan on wearing my HSLD mostly-incomplete-and-ridiculous ALICE set with a custom homemade t-shirt that says "WAR ON EVERYTHING". i hope someone is taking pictures of this ridiculousness.

We should make sure we get photo's of the competitors before and after the event.
With all the wet this week, the mud should be interesting.

i'm probably going to throw up so i need someone to capture it while it's in mid-air. i need a good new facebook picture. my diet has consisted of alcohol, frozen food, and cigars for the past two months.

i only LOOK like a runner.

Back
Top Bottom