People who jump out of perfectly good airplanes, question RE poser.

do tell about the PJ!

Some bullet notes because its late:
- Air Force Cross (no known record)
- 2 air force crosses depending who you ask
- Desert Eagle 50AE standard sidearm
- Easily make 2500 yard shots
- didnt know what pedro is
- Castrated a man he saw raping someone with a ka-bar
- has kicked everyones ass ever
- has like 7 pumps and a 4 year degree from AFU that AFU doesnt offer
- beat a guy almost to death trying to rob a gas station he was managing
- has no weapons safety or handling skills

Ive let it slide cause hes a nice guy... until I found out today he tried to torpedo me from getting the job thid past spring before ever meeting me. Turns out I deployed with his half brother, who he told everyone was some crazy war hero. His brother is not a bad kid... but did not do any of the shit he (fake pj) claimed he did. When he figured out Id deployed with his brother he decided to tell my boss his brother said not to hire me that I was an untrustworthy piece of shit, etc.

I would consider myself friends with the other guys I work with so I dont want to create a hostile work environment for them.

Ill probably throw his info up on that stolen valor page at some point.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I have an acquaintance who has a lot of stories about his time in the Air Force. One of which was when he was going through Jump School apparently Marines were the riggers, and both his main and reserve chute failed, but fortunately he was able to get his emergency chute open. As far as I know, there are only two chutes. Also, he says this was not a static jump but on the final one you deploy a personal ram air parachute. Am I an ******* or is he FOS.

Mike
When a rigger packs the chute he puts all his work on one skid and they go through multiple inspections. Each chute has a log book that details when and where the chute was packed and by whom. The riggers regularly jump with their own chutes. During jump school you spend a few hours in the rigger's shed and assist in packing a chute. Most paratroopers remember their class number and roster number.

I spend 15 months at Fort Benning, at schools and as Cadre at an OSUT battalion. By my estimate I've seen at least 15,000 military jumps and never saw a malfunction. The only guys I know who have ever used a Reserve were doing testing.

The chutes used by the Golden Knights and some spec ops are a different story from the static line chutes and malfunctions are far more common. An OCS buddy had been on the Golden Knights and logged one malfunction for every 256 jumps.

"personal ram air parachute." Gotta remember that one!

Last edited:
During jump school you spend a few hours in the rigger's shed and assist in packing a chute.

When did this stop? When I went through in 1996, the only exposure I got to the rigger shed was while running past on my way to Lawson.

When did this stop? When I went through in 1996, the only exposure I got to the rigger shed was while running past on my way to Lawson.
I went in '82 and after the days' training we spent a couple hours there. Really interesting and the Riggers were extremely conscientious. The chutes were laid out on long tables, then folded up in a precise sequence.

Don't know if it is still done but the reason each rigger's stuff was put on a skid was that periodically their supervisor picked one at random and they jumped with it.

Also don't know if still the case but by order of the Brigade Commander, only Airborne qualified officers were saluted.

The chutes used by the Golden Knights and some spec ops are a different story from the static line chutes and malfunctions are far more common. An OCS buddy had been on the Golden Knights and logged one malfunction for every 256 jumps.
That's a VERY high malfunction rate by almost any standard (at least in the square parachute era). But the Knights also do some R&D jumping in addition to the demonstration and competition teams.

That's a VERY high malfunction rate by almost any standard (at least in the square parachute era). But the Knights also do some R&D jumping in addition to the demonstration and competition teams.
His name is Glenn Bangs. He had over 3,000 jumps and 13 malfunctions. He was also hand picked to be in the First Ranger Battalion when it was reactivated and is former PResident o fthe U.S. Parachute Association. Quite a guy.

Last edited:

It also depends on what he counts as a malfunction. I had a toggle fire on my last jump. While a malfunction, it didn't mean I took a reserve ride.

I bought a decommissioned chute on ebay. The risers were cut. I cut off all the 550 cord and let schools borrow the canopy to show kids how they work. Still have the log book.

Back
Top Bottom