Plant & Herbal medicine training course - FEELER

I had my wife talk with one of her friends about doing a class for us, she is a well published herbalist and teaches courses all over the world on the medicinal uses of native wild plants and herbs. For obvious reasons this type of information could be invaluable in a SHTF scenario.

She was very open to doing something for us but wanted more information on what we were interested in. Here are a few of my thoughts based on what I know she teaches.

• Wild Plant Indentification
  • Medicinal Herbology
  • Medicinal Formulation
  • Tinctures

I do not know what the charge would be per person, I think that will depend on what we as a group were to decide on learning. This is just a feeler for discussion, as of right now, there is no date or place for this.

So with that, what are your thoughts?

Is there anything in particular that your interested in? Anything that you would want me to find out if she teaches beyond what I have in my first post?

I would be interested in some native plant identification and what parts to use etc. A general local knowledge type of class. Another thing I would be interested in would be a medicinal herb garden type class. e.g. Here are a dozen herbs that grow well in the Northeast. Here is how to use them and what for. Does she have any recommended books on the subject?

She is from vermont, her name is Rosemary Gladstar. Here is a link to her website and here is a link to her books on Amazon. I would recommend "Family Herbal" to start, it covers a little bit of everything and is a good read. Then there are some other more specific ones for Men, Women, Children, Etc.

I'll have to show this to my wife - she's likely to know her. She studied under Susan Weed out in Seattle and pretty much knows everyone...[smile]. Sounds like it could be a great class. My wife is teaching Wildcrafting classes at this very moment....Would be neat to get folks together with Rosemary - you can learn a lot.

Hi,

Great idea! I'd be interested but have a fairly busy schedule. A reasonable cost would be fine.

I'd be interested in plants of food and medicinal value, but also ones that work for cordage such as milkweed or evening primrose.

I'll chime in as well. It would be interesting, as well, if an herb walk was available, giving an opportunity to identify herbs and edible plants in the wild. I went on several of those with Micheal Moore in New Mexico and Arizona (not *that* Michael Moore, the other one). They were simply the most interesting way to spend a Saturday.

Other than shooting, of course...

Back
Top Bottom