Police at Manchester Firing Line

I feel that if Jim from MFL had been notified that the customer had a warrant he should call the police anyway, even though he doesn't know anything until they show up. If I ran a business such as his I would turn in a customer with an outstanding warrant. It would be the right thing to do. The warrant was for something simple, but it may not have been.

MFL is a great place, I would hate to see anything bad happen to Jim. Besides, it's not his fault if someone has an outstanding warrant. I'm just glad this was something simple and it was taken care of.

Though it does suck the guy got arrested for misuse of plates. You have got to feel like an idiot at that point.
I only sympathize as I had a bench warrant for a bounced check on a ticket when I was 19. I had a relative write me a check to pay it and gave them the cash. Only they never told me the check bounced. Ended up snowballing from there, but I took care of it as soon as I knew about it. Thank god I didn't get arrested.

The dealer isn't told anything - they're just told "proceed" "delay" or "deny"...

So, does he get charged for answering "no" to question 11d (assuming he did in fact answer "no")?

Depends on a couple of things:

-Whether or not the NH authorities refer him to the feds for prosecution; (they might not care, now that they've got him for whatever it is he supposedly violated, depends on how ambitious the DA is).

-Whether or not the local AUSA/USA considers him worthy of prosecution. My guess would be "no" because this doesn't strike me as a high profile case. (they like fancy sounding victories)

-Mike

He had failed to go to court for misuse of license plates. A BW was issued,and the bad bad man was caught while trying to buy a gun. Glad to know that NICS is used to catch such people [laugh]

Was this the guy that used to be on Jean Shaheens staff who kept his official state legislature plates after she went to Washington DC?

Ok, I have to say it - we know that these were high capacity plates that were transported over state lines - multiple times

probably bought a car and swapped his old plates over without registering the new vehicle to avoid fees. it's pretty common.

That's how it starts, but the next thing you know, the guy is smoking dope, dealing heroin, and knocking over banks.

Just what you'd expect from someone who would make his Ford Ranger into a convertable.

I understand the new system is that if the guy's a "deny" for some outstanding warrant, the Dealer hands him the phone and says, "It's for you," and they taser him through the phone. While he's laying there twitching the police come and get him.

Next time someone in the shop gets a delay, I'm gonna tell them they must have a warrant and the police are coming to nab them and they should run away really fast [grin]

I understand the new system is that if the guy's a "deny" for some outstanding warrant, the Dealer hands him the phone and says, "It's for you," and they taser him through the phone. While he's laying there twitching the police come and get him.

brilliant!

Why would you be shocked if we had reported a bad guy? Help me understand your post jenlynn!
PS: NICS Contacts the police, not the dealer. We know nothing until a cop walks in.
I just don't think it's the shops place to notify the police in that case. Just because there is a warrant issued doesn't necessarily make you a "bad guy" in my opinion either.

Well -

I just don't think it's the shops place to notify the police in that case. Just because there is a warrant issued doesn't necessarily make you a "bad guy" in my opinion either.

If someone were stupid enough to tell me that they had an outstanding warrant - It would be my job to shut down the sale before NICS was ever called. If this guy said "by the way,I have a warrant for misuse of plates outstanding" I'd say, "go get it fixed,and come buy the gun after you do". On the other hand, if he states that he had one for a felony - you can bet your ass I'd call the police myself after throwing him/her out. When NICS is called - the ball is in a different park.... I'm sure he didn't realize that his missing the court date would bite him in the ass trying to purchase a firearm. Duh - BACKGROUND CHECK [rolleyes]

Maybe I should have used Naughty Guy instead of Bad Guy???

Last edited:
You need to talk to your government about how it punishes regulatory crime not MFLR...

He can't tell if the warrant was for littering or father raping...

Heck, as mentioned, he didn't even know their was a warrant...

You need to talk to your government about how it punishes regulatory crime not MFLR...

He can't tell if the warrant was for littering or father raping...

Heck, as mentioned, he didn't even know their was a warrant...

Oh just settle down will you.. i have no problem with the way it was handled, I just voiced my opinion.. As far as MFLR, I have no problem with them either, and the last post by them clarified that for me.. I misunderstood the way the system worked, since i am not a cop, or a gun shop owner..

Oh just settle down will you.. i have no problem with the way it was handled, I just voiced my opinion.. As far as MFLR, I have no problem with them either, and the last post by them clarified that for me.. I misunderstood the way the system worked, since i am not a cop, or a gun shop owner..
I had already enhanced my calm... [laugh]

There has been a sentiment in this thread from the beginning that suggested (intentionally or otherwise) that MFLR "dimed him out" which is not only incorrect, but even if he had a strange accusation. Even if MFLR had been the one to say "wait here" while he dialed 911, that too would have been the right thing to do...

Stuff happens and sometime people end up with unjustified warrants - no argument, but that isn't MFLR's place to determine.

I too think its pretty absurd that we are issuing warrants for license plates (even though I know that it is frequently the case that people doing very bad things don't seem to take the time to get their regulatory stuff sorted out so they get caught that way all the time).

Last edited:
the system works that is all we need to know....to bad the antis dont believe it also. mflr didnt do anything different with the back ground check that any other dealer would do....they called it in and the nics did the rest. case closed.

Next time someone in the shop gets a delay, I'm gonna tell them they must have a warrant and the police are coming to nab them and they should run away really fast [grin]

Great... [rolleyes]

I had already enhanced my calm... [laugh]

There has been a sentiment in this thread from the beginning that suggested (intentionally or otherwise) that MFLR "dimed him out" which is not only incorrect, but even if he had a strange accusation. Even if MFLR had been the one to say "wait here" while he dialed 911, that too would have been the right thing to do...

Stuff happens and sometime people end up with unjustified warrants - no argument, but that isn't MFLR's place to determine.

I too think its pretty absurd that we are issuing warrants for license plates (even though I know that it is frequently the case that people doing very bad things don't seem to take the time to get their regulatory stuff sorted out so they get caught that way all the time).

Yep... he's just doing what's required of him.

I misunderstood the way the system worked, since i am not a cop, or a gun shop owner..

I would have assumed the same as you..... I have never seen nor heard of the NICS system contacting law enforcement and I am still not sure how it would even be accomplished......

I would have assumed the same as you..... I have never seen nor heard of the NICS system contacting law enforcement and I am still not sure how it would even be accomplished......
The geosynchronous spy sat had already followed the guy in... They were just waiting for the "go"... [laugh]

They have MFLR's info on screen when he calls based on his FFL #, so location isn't an issue - just a matter of looking up the local PD's number I'd assume. Doesn't seem like rocket science...

The geosynchronous spy sat had already followed the guy in... They were just waiting for the "go"... [laugh]

They have MFLR's info on screen when he calls based on his FFL #, so location isn't an issue - just a matter of looking up the local PD's number I'd assume. Doesn't seem like rocket science...

Well, Thank God someone here knows how everything works...[rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom