Police Torture Prisoner in MAINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be a correctional officer in Maine, evidently, one has to have the moral depravity of a criminal.

Go to your local Police Chief and ask him "percentage wise, how many former CO's on your force have been to court for excessive force or sued vs regular Patrolman who had no prior LEO experience" His answer will most likely be astounding. Somewhere along the lines of "10 to 1 the non CO hires are in court all the time or sued or transferred".
Most towns' police forces are too small for gleaning these kinds of metrics.

So if this is all cool, SOP and shit why did the state say they were going to try and stop these vids from being leaked?

So if this is all cool, SOP and shit why did the state say they were going to try and stop these vids from being leaked?

Not all inmates actually are sue happy. For instance, if you were an inmate and wanted to do your two years but didn't want your family knowing how you lived. You would not want this leaked. This wasn't "leaked" as in: The state was trying to hide this. The reason this is recorded is so the state is held accountable. Every inmate's lawyer has full access to every Move video upon request, it's the Inmate's right to not have these made public.

Most towns' police forces are too small for gleaning these kinds of metrics.

Perhaps, but there are plenty of PD's that are large enough that a trend could be gleened out of it. Much of it is because you have to deal with shit without any weapons, and the unarmed self defense tactics in a CO academy go far and above the degree of any thing you're going to get at a police academy.

The guys who were CO's on my job in general definately have better skills when it comes to talking to people. CO's often find themselves in situations where if all the inmates said "**** it", they'd be dead. And in a block, they're waiting for a long time to help. Sometimes as a CO all you have to stop a volitile situation is the ability to talk to people.

By the way, you guys may disagree about whether it should be, but OC is perfectly legal on a restrained subject in certain circumstances. I don't know enough about corrections to know if that's the case, but I'd posit that it is.

Not all inmates actually are sue happy. For instance, if you were an inmate and wanted to do your two years but didn't want your family knowing how you lived. You would not want this leaked. This wasn't "leaked" as in: The state was trying to hide this. The reason this is recorded is so the state is held accountable. Every inmate's lawyer has full access to every Move video upon request, it's the Inmate's right to not have these made public.

However it works the state said they were going to try and keep similar videos from being public, if it is a normal day in prison why hide it?

However it works the state said they were going to try and keep similar videos from being public, if it is a normal day in prison why hide it?

Because the state isn't allowed to record you and plaster it on tv. This is a case where it's the inmate's choice to make the video public. whether it's his lawyer who takes a copy of the video and submits it to news channel 5 or he goes to court and it becomes public record. All these videos are saved as evidence. If this guy has been Moved on 30 times, his lawyer has access to all 30 videos. No matter what the State's position is on the content of the videos. However, it's not the State's job to put all 30 videos on Youtube and go "look what happened today" They would get sued out of existence.

Just looks like he spit at a cop and got pepper sprayed for his efforts to me. I'm not seeing the "torture" here. Admittedly the multiple guys in riot gear when he is hand cuffed to a chair is a bit excessive.

You have kids?

You have kids?

My dad hit me ONCE in my entire life, and believe me. I deserved that one hit and to this day respect what that one hit felt like. If I had spit in the face of someone who was being forced to help me it wouldn't have been a single hit, he would've beaten the shit out of me. And that's only if the person I spit on hadn't done so first. If you have kids, I hope you don't raise them to be armed robbers who cut themselves and then spit and assault officers who did nothing to get them incarcerated.

If there is one word in prison that you will learn the meaning of, it is: Respect

Spitting is about the lowest form of attack you can launch in prison.

Ok. I am being serious here. What part is the torture? Is it because he was pepper sprayed?

Ok. I am being serious here. What part is the torture? Is it because he was pepper sprayed?

torture is sensational but the problem is he was sprayed at an unsafe range for questionable reasons.

My dad hit me ONCE in my entire life, and believe me. I deserved that one hit and to this day respect what that one hit felt like. If I had spit in the face of someone who was being forced to help me it wouldn't have been a single hit, he would've beaten the shit out of me. And that's only if the person I spit on hadn't done so first. If you have kids, I hope you don't raise them to be armed robbers who cut themselves and then spit and assault officers who did nothing to get them incarcerated.

If there is one word in prison that you will learn the meaning of, it is: Respect

Spitting is about the lowest form of attack you can launch in prison.

images
By the way, you miss my point....

I think you're missing an important distinction here: no one is condoning spitting on CO's, we're condemning the CO's for their form of "punishment" and lets stop with the "I bet he's got AIDS!"

This

What these officers did is inexcusible

There are so many easier/humane methods of dealing with poor behavior than torture......and what we witnessed in that video was unquestionably inhumane, immoral torture.

There are lots of good officers out there, I know that.....but there are also a lot of really really bad ones.....you know those guys that we went to high school that we all knew were either going to be cops or criminals? Yea.....these guys are them.

Given this kind of behavior and all of the no knocks that occur does anyone actually wonder why people don't trust police they don't personally know?

The day will come when individuals like these will get exactly what they've given......

These guys have no business being in a position of authority

torture is sensational but the problem is he was sprayed at an unsafe range for questionable reasons.

You're joking right? We used to get sparayed leaving the clubs in providence, just to get us off the streets. Just because the guy is a pussy does not make it torture.

HIV from spit? Pretty sure this would be the first case ever in the history of the world, viral load is way to low.

This is not torture, but it's clearly wrong.

I'm pretty sure you didn't get industrial OC delivered to your face from 1' distance.......

You're joking right? We used to get sparayed leaving the clubs in providence, just to get us off the streets. Just because the guy is a pussy does not make it torture.

nothing in your reply was relevant to what you quoted at all.

Last edited:
If this were a Movie, the bad guy would have broke free from those shackles using a Paperclip that he found while being strapped to said chair, grabbed one of the " Schutzstaffel's " Dept. side arm and took care of business.

In a movie of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom