Police Torture Prisoner in MAINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if you found out that he was a big time rapist, how would that impact your comment? I rest my case, I don't have a dog in this fight but so much ****ing hate for anyone wearing a uniform is beyond me.

What if you found out the guy is in prison because he killed the guy who molested his 4 year old daughter?

No, it's just that correction officers are usually jackbooted thugs. I can't stand anything involving torture. Even in prisons across the US, I don't want this shit happening. Yeah I know, never happening. But if this is "corrective action" to an incident in the prison, I don't care for it.

Bipolar? So what is bipolar to you anyway? And are you like the spit police or something? Oh wait nevermind, no one with AIDs spit in my open wound.

I haven't looked it up lately (Read: like 20 years), but I thought that being spat upon in the face (i.e. in mouth or eyes) by someone with AIDS is a viable transmission route. I seem to recall AIDS virus detected in saliva.

But that's just AIDS. Spitting is definitely considered battery, most likely assault and if he knew he carried an infections disease a deadly weapon (IIRC)

No, it's just that correction officers are usually jackbooted thugs. I can't stand anything involving torture. Even in prisons across the US, I don't want this shit happening. Yeah I know, never happening. But if this is "corrective action" to an incident in the prison, I don't care for it.

Lets give a bunch of Virgins to the Guantanamo B muslim inmates and make friends with them.

There are some serious assumptions being thrown around jesus h christ. "what if he's a rapist" "what if he killed a thousand nuns while ****ing a priest in the eye with a cross" "weeeeeeelllllll what if he has gonasyphaherpieaids and his spit contains small grenades that assplode when he spit in his face!!"

How bout this.....the guy was restrained....he spit on someone, put a spit bag on him, leave him in his cell and let him freak shit. You don't do what they did and not expect people to think that is unacceptable.

With all the crap the police are up to these days it's awfully hard to give them the benefit of the doubt on anything.

That's the problem with this thread. These aren't the police harrassing potentially innocent law abiding citizens. These are Officers dealing with convicted felons. In this case a known violent felon. CO's that keep their job more than a year are for the most part incredibly nice to inmates. Because if an inmate is good at anything, it's suing people. CO's have zero protection from being sued. If that guy had spit at one of the CO's and gotten punched, he would be filthy rich right now. That's the reason they spit. Think about it, all the fights you've been in (between highschool to now) How many times have you spit in someones face? I hope it's zero, because only a disgusting sick individual would sink that low. How about when someone was being forced to deliver to you medical aid knowing you were about to spend 10k of their taxes because you felt like slicing your wrists? Then you spit in their face unprovoked. This isn't Police vs "my wife" this is Prison guards dealing with a convicted felon who is assaulting them.

There are some serious assumptions being thrown around jesus h christ. "what if he's a rapist" "what if he killed a thousand nuns while ****ing a priest in the eye with a cross" "weeeeeeelllllll what if he has gonasyphaherpieaids and his spit contains small grenades that assplode when he spit in his face!!"

How bout this.....the guy was restrained....he spit on someone, put a spit bag on him, leave him in his cell and let him freak shit. You don't do what they did and not expect people to think that is unacceptable.

This for ****'s sake. Wowwww. PrimusTactical has hit the NES password bank, we are doomed.

So you think cop beat downs cure bipolar disorder? Yeah the guy seems to be a disturbed dipshit, and mental disease doesn't excuse him from his crimes. Doesn't matter nothing makes him deserve torture. Cops torturing someone violates that same piece of toilet paper as taking your pea shooters away. Stop being retarded. When they street execute the first NESer for having a hi-cap mag we will just throw him out of the club, 'he deserved it because of X' we are all OK.

I stated that point blank was over excessive. But refusing his demands was not. No I will not let go of your head because you keep spitting on us. I think you might make a great lobbyist for the (former) Blackwater-like oversea security.

Listen we all know its wrong but I have trouble sympathizing when the victim is literally bringing this upon himself. Disorders aside, if what youre doing is wrong, ITS ****ING WRONG. Otherwise you create a grey area which is when cops really push boundries.

EDIT: and I mean blatant wrong doing in front of law enforcement.

Last edited:
On a side note, the "shouldn't have sprayed him point blank" argument is really boggling my mind. OC spray comes out like a shotgun blast. Do it at point blank and hit one target. Step back 15 feet and not only do you spray the spitter, but now you also spray all 5 CO's. This happened as they were adjusting his restraints. What happens when he gets an arm free and all the CO's are feeling the effects of OC? That's a good way to get a bunch of your coworkers stabbed.

Can't we all just get along. For shits sake. This is not the time to be pissing back & forth about some ****ing moron in Maine. Pay attention to what's going on for 5 ****ing minutes, and you'll see that this is nothing. Believe me, I know.

Should the guy have spit on them? No.

Should the cops have OC'd him while being restrained? No.

Even if the guy was a multiple time offender, they should have put the bag over him, stuck him in his cell, and locked the door. Let him worry about it for the night or something.

In this case, cops were clearly wrong.

Case closed. Stop ****ing whining about it back & forth. Holy shit.

I find when I discipline it is important to let the person know what the offense is and what the punishment will be and what the expected behavior is so that they may avoid it. you would call me a child abuser and lock me up if I did the same to my 22yo because he spit on me. I would also hope that a prison would be aware of who in the population has HIV especially since the US population with HIV is around 1.5% I am willing to bet the population is less than the average

What if you found out the guy is in prison because he killed the guy who molested his 4 year old daughter?

What he is in jail for has no relation to this scenario, you are using an emotional argument to justify excessive force. I am not saying he is a peach, they were hauling him in strapped to a chair, so chances are good he caused a ruckus. Once he is RESTRAINED to the chair he is no longer a threat, SOP should be a spit mask with a scrunchy type bottom or tucked into his shirt to prevent it from coming off. To sit there and OC him, when they could have just walked away is excessive force.

Can't we all just get along. For shits sake. This is not the time to be pissing back & forth about some ****ing moron in Maine. Pay attention to what's going on for 5 ****ing minutes, and you'll see that this is nothing. Believe me, I know.

Even if the guy was a multiple time offender, they should have put the bag over him, stuck him in his cell, and locked the door. Let him worry about it for the night or something.

****ing right

I find when I discipline it is important to let the person know what the offense is and what the punishment will be and what the expected behavior is so that they may avoid it. you would call me a child abuser and lock me up if I did the same to my 22yo because he spit on me. I would also hope that a prison would be aware of who in the population has HIV especially since the US population with HIV is around 1.5% I am willing to bet the population is less than the average

I think you're missing an important distinction here: no one is condoning spitting on CO's, we're condemning the CO's for their form of "punishment" and lets stop with the "I bet he's got AIDS!"

The same guys who scream that

every free man has a right to his gun on the day he is released from prison, if they are a danger to society in any way they ought to be locked up and the key thrown away

seem to be the same ones who apparently think that prison is a walk in the park for everyone. That talking away a man's freedom is better than taking away his gun. That putting someone into this situation; a place where he is bound to go over the edge, become resistant, be treated harshly (whether or not this is is immaterial to this point) is superior to taking away other rights...

The same guy who wants to kill and maim and go to jail and lose his license over someone desecrating a flag in that other "great out yourself" thread can't comprehend with a CO who has just been spat upon losing his temper, or whatever.

Wow.

I think you're missing an important distinction here: no one is condoning spitting on CO's, we're condemning the CO's for their form of "punishment" and lets stop with the "I bet he's got AIDS!"
no I don't condon the spitting either but if he had HIV I would assume the guards would already know it. the what ifs being spouted by the statist is what was trying to address

On a side note, the "shouldn't have sprayed him point blank" argument is really boggling my mind. OC spray comes out like a shotgun blast. Do it at point blank and hit one target. Step back 15 feet and not only do you spray the spitter, but now you also spray all 5 CO's. This happened as they were adjusting his restraints. What happens when he gets an arm free and all the CO's are feeling the effects of OC? That's a good way to get a bunch of your coworkers stabbed.

Diffusion. Letting it coat your face is worse straight out the can's nozzle than being sprayed 7 feet away. Still a stream nonetheless but I definitely would chose farther away over PB.

And it comes out like wasp killer spray. A stream.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with this video, its a criminal for f**ks sake,

You better hope you never break one of their just and fair laws created by group of your peers that have your best interest in mind. Like having a 30 rnd mag that wasn't made before '94 or a firearm that isn't deemed safe enough, or getting caught with a piece of brass in your vehicle without the proper paperwork.

**** I hate people like you, you better ****ing hope you never break any of their laws because all the other idiots like you won't give a damn when they beat you, mace you or kill you because you made them mad.

The inmate is made well aware that the OC can be sprayed well before he is restrained by a move team
If you were being forced to give medical attention to your child that you had no reason to love and he spit on you, you would try to find a bag?
HIV rates are much much higher in prison and HIPPA makes it illegal for CO's to find out who has it.

The video may look bad, this is only because the general public does not know how prisons actually operate and how inmates operate within them. Unless you spend a week in a prison, you will literally never know. The same way I will never understand how bad Iraq is for our military members "It's just ****ing hot and dry with a lot of brown people right?" But then they show up and tell me it's a hell hole. Well, it doesn't look that bad on TV.

Edit: CO's also don't know what inmates are in for. This is again, against the law to give them this information. For all a CO knows, all inmates are robbers, or rapists, or wrongly convicted stock traders.

Last edited:
FIFY. I think there's a difference between "dealing with" and "punishing." Again, not sure when guards became the inmate's parents.....
It's a CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTE not a warehouse. LOL Anyway, see below

They can't let a guy being put into restraints get away with that kind of abuse, or everyone else will be doing it all the time. How will you punish him further for spitting on them that you guys wouldn't consider to be torture? Put him in a hole? And when he spits again? Keep him in a hood for the rest of his life?

Why can't you guys grasp this?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTE not a warehouse. LOL Anyway, see below

They can't let a guy being put into restraints get away with that kind of abuse, or everyone else will be doing it all the time. How will you punish him further for spitting on them that you guys wouldn't consider to be torture? Put him in a hole? And when he spits again? Keep him in a hood for the rest of his life?

Why can't you guys grasp this?

You do the prescribed JUSTIFIED consequences to his actions. Spit on an officer? 2 days in solitary etc. Officers don't get to figure out fun new types of "punishment" for personal affronts to their manhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom