Police Torture Prisoner in MAINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do the prescribed JUSTIFIED consequences to his actions. Spit on an officer? 2 days in solitary etc. Officers don't get to figure out fun new types of "punishment" for personal affronts to their manhood.

If prison were like TV, I would agree with you. The facts that people aren't understanding is that this inmate cut himself. This REQUIRES medical attention. Whether the inmate wants it or not, CO's have to go in and get him to a DR. He was in the "hole" when they got him, the law forced them to take him out. He was not being punished, he was being controlled. "controlled" sounds bad when a cop does it, and most types it probably is bad, but when you're an incarcerated felon and cut up to get your free medical attention and then start assaulting officers, you will be controlled. If you don't cut up and don't attack officers you won't be controlled.

Edit: Some other realizations that most users here do not know.

Inmates spend 18 hours of their day out of their cells
There are on average, 40-70 inmates in a block roaming free doing as they please to every "1" CO
Inmates no matter what get Recreation time every single day no matter the weather.
If an inmate smashes his TV, attacks a CO with it and eats the glass. Within a week his is afforded a new tv.
Inmates are not "put in the hole" by the angry warden. They are not put in "the hole" unless a law has been broken (ex: they assault another inmate, CO, are found with contrabrand are drunk, are high etc)
They are released from "the hole" within 2 weeks and back to gen pop or are sentenced by a Judge to Solitary.
In "Solitary" or "the Hole" they are still on a tier with 10-20 other inmates and they still get 1 hour of recreation time every single day, they are given daily showers and are allowed as many visits as they have visitors.

I could go on...

Last edited:
You better hope you never break one of their just and fair laws created by group of your peers that have your best interest in mind. Like having a 30 rnd mag that wasn't made before '94 or a firearm that isn't deemed safe enough, or getting caught with a piece of brass in your vehicle without the proper paperwork.

**** I hate people like you, you better ****ing hope you never break any of their laws because all the other idiots like you won't give a damn when they beat you, mace you or kill you because you made them mad.

Bravo post of the year ninja turtle.

Last edited:
No, it's just that correction officers are usually jackbooted thugs. I can't stand anything involving torture. Even in prisons across the US, I don't want this shit happening. Yeah I know, never happening. But if this is "corrective action" to an incident in the prison, I don't care for it.

Nothing on that video is anything close to torture. Don't forget it wasn't any of the staff that initiated this incident. They are responding to the inmates actions, this inmate had at least an hour plus to be compliant yet the inmate chosen to be an a**h***. What was the captain suppose to do when the inmate who has been actively resistant starts spiting? He can't leave the cell, he's not going to play dodge ball with the incoming spit...his job is to ensure the staff do their jobs and to protect the staff and the inmate. If you're one of those people that doesn't mind getting spat on or assaulted and thinks its part of the job and frowns upon those that do you simply don't respect your self, but make no mistake most people including all in that video do as they should.

8th Amendment prohibits cruel and unusual punishment. What would a judge think?

Admittedly, I don't have any experience with law enforcement/penal personnel and the tactics they mush employed, but these guys look like the Gestapo in their riot gear hovering around a guy who is strapped to a chair with a face full of pepper spray.

If he was a black man, would eric holder have any concerns?

Also, Maine is a WELFARE STATE.

You make assachusetts look like semi America

Last edited:
I'm not saying we should make assumptions for his reasons for incarceration, because that's mostly irrelevent. But he may well have very relevent disciplinary history through his past incarceration. My point is there isn't enough info here to make sound and complete judgement. If you think differently, so be it.

Funny, us libertarians are so big on people making their own decisions and judgements, but are the first to angrily flame those who might dare disagree with us. "Statists", "Another out yourself thread"...God forbid you buck the tide around here. We're all for free minds, until those free minds differ in opinion from our own.

There's some irony there.

How I view me:

old%20school%20cop.jpg

How Dench apparently views me:

gestapo.jpg

Last edited:
The inmate is made well aware that the OC can be sprayed well before he is restrained by a move team
If you were being forced to give medical attention to your child that you had no reason to love and he spit on you, you would try to find a bag?
HIV rates are much much higher in prison and HIPPA makes it illegal for CO's to find out who has it.

The video may look bad, this is only because the general public does not know how prisons actually operate and how inmates operate within them. Unless you spend a week in a prison, you will literally never know. The same way I will never understand how bad Iraq is for our military members "It's just ****ing hot and dry with a lot of brown people right?" But then they show up and tell me it's a hell hole. Well, it doesn't look that bad on TV.

Edit: CO's also don't know what inmates are in for. This is again, against the law to give them this information. For all a CO knows, all inmates are robbers, or rapists, or wrongly convicted stock traders.
we know that prisoners are infected at a rate roughly 1.5% we also know the state of Maine is not in the top ten for HIV infections with California being above 5000 cases so lets assume that this is a large prison at 1k inmates we are looking at 15 prisoners that have HIV if they are average but since maine has 35 diagnosed cases of HIV I am somehow doubting almost 50% of them are incarcerated

If prison were like TV, I would agree with you. The facts that people aren't understanding is that this inmate cut himself. This REQUIRES medical attention. Whether the inmate wants it or not, CO's have to go in and get him to a DR. He was in the "hole" when they got him, the law forced them to take him out. He was not being punished, he was being controlled. "controlled" sounds bad when a cop does it, and most types it probably is bad, but when you're an incarcerated felon and cut up to get your free medical attention and then start assaulting officers, you will be controlled. If you don't cut up and don't attack officers you won't be controlled.

Edit: Some other realizations that most users here do not know.

Inmates spend 18 hours of their day out of their cells
There are on average, 40-70 inmates in a block roaming free doing as they please to every "1" CO
Inmates no matter what get Recreation time every single day no matter the weather.
If an inmate smashes his TV, attacks a CO with it and eats the glass. Within a week his is afforded a new tv.
Inmates are not "put in the hole" by the angry warden. They are not put in "the hole" unless a law has been broken (ex: they assault another inmate, CO, are found with contrabrand are drunk, are high etc)
They are released from "the hole" within 2 weeks and back to gen pop or are sentenced by a Judge to Solitary.
In "Solitary" or "the Hole" they are still on a tier with 10-20 other inmates and they still get 1 hour of recreation time every single day, they are given daily showers and are allowed as many visits as they have visitors.

I could go on...

Orrrr you get the hole for smoking in the day room and sneaking sugar packets.....

Orrrr you get the hole for smoking in the day room and sneaking sugar packets.....

Haha, both of which are crimes at least in MA state prisons. Cigarettes have been illegal for a while now and sugar packets are used for Pruno. I don't know how they drink that shit, They had us try it at orientation and it's just straight moonshine. Not suprising how crazy violent they can get on it.

Dude, you totally need a new hat, your godamned strap doesn't even fit......one too many donuts? rocking the double chin? [wink]

EDIT: DAMNIT YOU CHANGED IT! SONS A BITCHEEEEEESSS

[rofl]!!!!! he ninja edited his original photo because it was a shitty one! haha to funny. tires to post harmless cop photo, posts one of cop threatening with weapon. [rofl]

I'm not saying we should make assumptions for his reasons for incarceration, because that's mostly irrelevent. But he may well have very relevent disciplinary history through his past incarceration. My point is there isn't enough info here to make sound and complete judgement. If you think differently, so be it.

Funny, us libertarians are so big on people making their own decisions and judgements, but are the first to angrily flame those who might dare disagree with us. "Statists", "Another out yourself thread"...God forbid you buck the tide around here. We're all for free minds, until those free minds differ in opinion from our own.

There's some irony there.

How I view me:

bostonpolice.jpg

How Dench apparently views me:

gestapo.jpg

These days it seems prudent to assume the second as dealing with someone who can and will kill you if they A. feel threatened or B. get angry with you is much different than dealing with someone you respect and trust.

End of the day, assuming an officer will shoot at any provocation is a safer tact, it's terrible that's what one has to assume but it's still the smart way to handle things.

Dude, you totally need a new hat, your godamned strap doesn't even fit......one too many donuts? rocking the double chin? [wink]

EDIT: DAMNIT YOU CHANGED IT! SONS A BITCHEEEEEESSS

Yeah, I did it before Dench responded cause I found I better BPD pic I was looking for. Back the original old school pic.

[rofl]!!!!! he ninja edited his original photo because it was a shitty one! haha to funny. tires to post harmless cop photo, posts one of cop threatening with weapon. [rofl]
Well, I was looking for a friendly old school "serve and protect" police photo (mainly I picked the first for the "Move Along" caption, then and found a better one locally...that one didn't work out so well. Mea culpa for the bad appearance here on this one.

Let's just say this: My point still stands. We still don't know the relevent background. And the "statist" and "out yourself thread comments" are quite ironic coming from libertarians.

Last edited:
So based on what I'm reading here, some agencies have a use of force continuum that includes punitive measures and prefer escalation to de-escalation?

Look at it this way, If CO's were going around torturing and beating inmates 5 to 1. What do you think would happen when that same CO works an overtime shift in a block with 40 inmates and he's (literally) locked in there by himself with them? They would kill him. It's as simple as that. Sure, I'll agree that there's probably prisons in the midwest with few cameras or down in Florida where the CO's may run them like you see in the movies. But in the northeast, It just doesn't work that way. CO's are held accountable for every action and inmates are held accountable for almost none.

Go to your local Police Chief and ask him "percentage wise, how many former CO's on your force have been to court for excessive force or sued vs regular Patrolman who had no prior LEO experience" His answer will most likely be astounding. Somewhere along the lines of "10 to 1 the non CO hires are in court all the time or sued or transferred". This is because CO's actually have to learn how to talk and negatioate with an inmate without getting stabbed. This transfers to the regular police force as well. If you've met a "good cop" there's a good chance he was a CO and understands the use of Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom