Police want bullet in teen's forehead

IANAL but I would think that the DA wants the slug to match up
the RIFLING on the bullet to see if it came from Mr Olive's gun then as they say at bingo "WE HAVE A WINNER" I don't think an MRI can discern rifling. On those bemoaning the 9 mm in the stopping power dept. long time ago in Boston I think it was,a girls underwire bra saved her life by stopping a 38 spl
slug In fact with a little work you can always find some instance of "X" round that's supposed to be a death sentence to fail to do the job.

IANAL but I would think that the DA wants the slug to match up
the RIFLING on the bullet to see if it came from Mr Olive's gun then as they say at bingo "WE HAVE A WINNER"

And why can't they simply say it came from XXX Gun, but not Mr. Olive's gun? and who's to say there will be any rifling marks left on this bullet? Its lived a hard life, and more likely looks like an amorphous lump of lead with bone peices in it, and nothing that looks like somthing in our ammo chests.

I just see opening this numbskull's (rimshot) head as a huge waste of time. There is more than enugh to put him away, I would think, and I can't see any way that the defence couldn't spin the presentation of the bullet as evedence to say that it came from another gun.

-Weer'd Beard

Assuming that the round was fired out of a pistol with standard rifling and not polyiganol ie Glock HK and the more evidence to put the little puke in jail.
if I were the DA the evidence I have on a crime the better my chances of winning. And that's what it's all about putting BG in jail for a long,long time

Yesterday at dinner, I talked this over with my uncle, who is a lawyer and has owned a law firm for several years. He doesn't think this DA has a shot. (pun intended) As he put it (and I'm paraphrasing): A) The DA has no other substantial evidence linking this kid to the crime. He admitted to participating in the robbery but denies being involved in the shooting that took place. B) The DA needs to prove his own case; not do unnecessary surgery on some kid to prove his case for him. C) The kid has the right to deny any action that would violate his right to protection against self-incrimination.

Back
Top Bottom