• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

POLL - EDC Light Method

What do you think is the best method to EDC a light?

• Handgun Mounted Only

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Handheld Only

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • Handgun + Handheld

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • No EDC Light

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I like the olight i03t lights for carry in my pocket opposite my knife

I Dont need to morse code aliens just get a little light now and again to find things

I have a tlr sub7 on my carry gun as well if need arises

to use a light on a gun for a mere illumination is a rather horrible idea. when used for a purpose to highlight soon to be dead target - a wonderful idea, as you want both hands.
so not sure what was the poll about considering what is the 'edc light' for?

Either a streamlight stylus pro or a little coast light in my front right left pocket. I actually used them both in the night component of Shivworks AMIS. I have a weapon mounted light and OWB holster for one of my pistols that I sometimes (very rarely) carry.

Last edited:
to use a light on a gun for a mere illumination is a rather horrible idea. when used for a purpose to highlight soon to be dead target - a wonderful idea, as you want both hands.
I assume he means like a flashlight you carry every day

But idk maybe he just likes muzzle sweeping people

Yeah, it's really only good after you have identified the target with your hand-held light. The pistol I have a weapon light on is the bedside gun, so if we and the dogs are all in the bedroom and the alarm is going off, there is noise downstairs or the dogs are barking then it's go-time and whatever/whoever is making the ruckus is a-ok to be muzzle swept.

ETA: there is an advantage to holding the hand-held light off to the side when sweeping a room. The weapon light puts a massive, highly visible target right on your center of mass. Also, strobe function is way more effective than I thought it would be.

Steealight, Single AAA microstream, or the rechargeable, while your at it pick up an EDC pocket organizer, keep your light, knife and a pen, this is a cheap Amazon one but I had one made from SRand Leather out of Boston for my cigar stuff for short money and I'm sure he could copy this easy enough

Attachments

• 20231201_152331.jpg
    20231201_152331.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 21
other: headlamp

It gives me 2 hands free to work. Have you ever changed a car battery in the dark with a flashlight held in one hand or clenched in your armpit?

Steealight, Single AAA microstream, or the rechargeable, while your at it pick up an EDC pocket organizer, keep your light, knife and a pen, this is a cheap Amazon one but I had one made from SRand Leather out of Boston for my cigar stuff for short money and I'm sure he could copy this easy enough

I have nearly the exact same organizer. It's great. Just got it off amazon. Also carry a swiss army knife and space pen, along with a free-floating bic lighter. Keys and OC spray in the other front pocket, wallet and SWAT-T tourniquet in the back pockets.

For whatever reason(s) you carry a light for. You carry both?

I recently started carrying a handheld flashlight. Also bought a WML, just waiting on the holster.

I recently started carrying a handheld flashlight. Also bought a WML, just waiting on the holster.
I got out of the habit now i dont leave the house much

But when i worked at the mill there were a lot of dark corners you had to poke your head in so i needed one every day

My EDC is a Streamlight Protac 1L that takes a CR123a battery. It's small and uses the same battery for many of my other lights and optics. I've had it for 5 years and haven't lost it which is a miracle. Back then it was only $39. Today it's $50 and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I use it everyday for my job.

I also have an Inforce APLc on my G19 that people seem mixed about. It has/had the best activation though with easy to use paddles. It's no longer in production but I've gone out of my way to buy it used just to have a backup. My full size gun uses a TLR-1 HL.

Bonus - I carry a Wave plus in a Tale of Knives leather holster and a Kizer Begleiter.

20231201_185300.jpg
20231201_185339.jpg 20231201_185344.jpg

My EDC is a Streamlight Protac 1L that takes a CR123a battery. It's small and uses the same battery for many of my other lights and optics. I've had it for 5 years and haven't lost it which is a miracle. Back then it was only $39. Today it's $50 and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I use it everyday for my job.

I also have an Inforce APLc on my G19 that people seem mixed about. It has/had the best activation though with easy to use paddles. It's no longer in production but I've gone out of my way to buy it used just to have a backup. My full size gun uses a TLR-1 HL.

Bonus - I carry a Wave plus in a Tale of Knives leather holster and a Kizer Begleiter.

View attachment 822842
View attachment 822845View attachment 822846
That havent lost it thing is key... i lose mine a lot

That havent lost it thing is key... i lose mine a lot
One time I let my landlord borrow one of my nicer flashlights to check his vents (commercial building). I want to say to it was Fenix or something. He came back an hour later and said he dropped it in a vent and lost it. He'd get me a nicer one. The next say the mofo showed up with a $10 led light from Home Depot that ran on AAAs. F that guy and that was the last time I lent my flashlights out to anyone.

One time I let my landlord borrow one of my nicer flashlights to check his vents (commercial building). I want to say to it was Fenix or something. He came back an hour later and said he dropped it in a vent and lost it. He'd get me a nicer one. The next say the mofo showed up with a $10 led light from Home Depot that ran on AAAs. F that guy and that was the last time I lent my flashlights out to anyone.
Did he drop it into his pocket and lose it?

Yup exactly what he did. He's a sleazeball. I'll out him. He's the landlord that owns the strip of stores that has Chili's, NH tool & supply and Mattress firm up in Salem, NH. Adam, I hope you somehow see this. You're a POS.

Whoopsie 😂

IMG_4721.jpeg

Post your favorite EDC lights and discuss in the comments
Nitecore MT2A (doubles as a Kubaton) on keyring.

Surefire Stiletto in pocket: three push button brightness modes.

Tailcap has momentary on/off and a strobe function.

EDC lights Nitecore Surefire.jpg

Pocket clip works well when clipped to a ball cap for hands free use.

Surefire Stiletto big O ring.jpg

Surefire XC1 on G17.

Glock 17K Surefire XC 1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom