• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

POLL - EDC Light Method

What do you think is the best method to EDC a light?

• Handgun Mounted Only

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Handheld Only

Votes: 37 38.5%
  • Handgun + Handheld

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • No EDC Light

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Strange. My Streamlight TLR-7 came with different rail adapters to ensure a solid fit with various pistols. I was able to just use the generic attachment with my TRR8 rail. Surefire doesn't have something similar? I don't have any Surefire handgun lights as I don't like how the are long and tend to extend beyond the muzzle of most handguns. I do have a Surefire with VFG switch for my rifles. That attaches securely on most standard rails.
I'll have to look at what else came with it. there are some more parts but I was just in a rush to put it on everything first.

Just picked this up today. Props to @drgrant and @edmorseiii for the deal and feedback.

View attachment 824033

Great choice! You’ll get many years of use out of it. I tend to keep mine on medium to lower power at all times and just adjust the brightness to where I need it. Prevents accidental discharge or reflection from killing your night vision.

I didn't realize djt was here

Actually that's not nearly as bad as it looks in their add
The only real disadvantage to the Baton as an EDC light is that it has a conventional body mounted on/off switch rather than a tail switch with a momentary mode. Once it's on you have to press it again to turn it off, which can be a disadvantage in a purely tactical light. But since I really use it just as a normal flashlight that doesn't bother me. It's a surprising bright light with a pretty wide beam for such a small package. The new Baton 4 that replaces it is even brighter.

I too have had a number of Fenix lights, and they are well made. My current EDC light is the Fenix PD36 TAC. Some say it's on the large size, but I have big paws. It's also good as a striking tool should the need arise. My weapon mounted light is a Streetlight TLR-7A on a G45. That works quite well too. I would also recommend everyone take a low light class. One to test out your gear, and two-majority of shoots happen in low light conditions. It's truly an eye opening experience (pun intended).

I like the new Fenix PD25R with the charging port. It comes with its own belt holster. I have a number of fenix lights including the new, green, 1700 lumen I believe, Pd 35. I've had black PD35's on mt AR's for years now as well.

I like the new Fenix PD25R with the charging port. It comes with its own belt holster. I have a number of fenix lights including the new, green, 1700 lumen I believe, Pd 35. I've had black PD35's on mt AR's for years now as well.
What mount for the PD35 do you use?

My EDC light is a Zebralight SC62. It's the best light I've ever owned, survived a week in a snow drift with a broken lens, no problem. Probably pushing 10 years of EDC. I also have a Streamlight TLR-7a on my main carry pistol.

Just ordered a zebralight headlamp. Reviews seem pretty great.

Aside from a few CR123 lights and a little Cloud admin light that runs on something like a aaa I’m all in on 18650s and 18350s.

I carry a small streamlight in my coat pocket - not sure of the model number.

I have a bunch of "superbright" flashlights that will light up the house like the sun going supernova. But I stopped at a consignment store with the wife a couple weekends ago, and found an old 2 D-cell Maglight for $2.50 that I couldn't pass up. I remember when the Maglights were the bomb and we'd have light saber fights in the smoke of campfires the the powerful beams. Now it throws a weak yellow light that seems almost quaint.

I like it that I can use it in a dark room without killing my night vision, or waking up whoever is in the room. Sometimes you don't need so much light. Plus it still makes a good club.

Another new purchase just arrived today.
The Fenix E12. It's a single AA battery light. Here is a pic for size comparison with the TA30 and PD35R along with the output and run time.
20231212_193337.jpg 20231212_193129.jpg Screenshot_20231212_194209_Chrome.jpg

I have carried this daily for about 2 years at work on a belt mounted kydex “holster” I use it several time a day in basements and attics. I have Modlites as all my WML on rifles and have been very happy with them.

Weekends I usually just slip it into my opposite pocket from my knife. If I only need a little light I usually just use my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_9078.jpeg
    IMG_9078.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2
i carry an olight i5r eos in my pocket and run a cheap no name light on my house glock. the reasoning is...if i had to use the gun at night, some hot shot prosecutor can't say i just indiscriminately hosed down the general vicinity without seeing what i was shooting at. i can say in my own defense i had a light on.

Back
Top Bottom