• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Primer Source

A year ago we were paying 20% less for full ammo. Now they are attempting to sell it for 25 cents for just the primer.

Free market. Their business their rules. My money. My choice of where to spend.

Nobody will pay that. If i had the money id buy at 25/k (i think that was the first number posited) then sell at 75 or something. Problem is logistics. They're going to get stuck selling a lot less than $250. Most gun shops don't even carry primers because the consumer price sensitivity on the item is retarded. (75% of the consumers reload mostly because of cost). The consumers are more likely to abandon the market and just shoot less and buy less overpriced product. Most will hold out and not overpay on principle. You could get people to suck for $75, 85 bucks sure but over 100? Not happening. Maybe a few gyrating tinfoiler types will, but that's about it. Reloaders are not necessarily skinflints, but every reloader I know tracks cost, cost is a fundamental motivator in a reloading activity that is performed in bulk. Think about it like a middle class family with an RV that gets 8 mpg. If gas is $6.00 a gallon a given summer they're either going to cut back their camping or not go. This market is not like the cauldron of noobs paying a $1 a round for 9mm. Most reloaders effectively refuse to do that. They will go without long before overpaying.
Agreed. They will get top dollar on gunbroker but if they're not a certified hazmat shipper, good luck with that.

Nobody will pay that. If i had the money id buy at 25/k (i think that was the first number posited) then sell at 75 or something. Problem is logistics. They're going to get stuck selling a lot less than $250. Most gun shops don't even carry primers because the consumer price sensitivity on the item is retarded. (75% of the consumers reload mostly because of cost). The consumers are more likely to abandon the market and just shoot less and buy less overpriced product. Most will hold out and not overpay on principle. You could get people to suck for $75, 85 bucks sure but over 100? Not happening. Maybe a few gyrating tinfoiler types will, but that's about it. Reloaders are not necessarily skinflints, but every reloader I know tracks cost, cost is a fundamental motivator in a reloading activity that is performed in bulk. Think about it like a middle class family with an RV that gets 8 mpg. If gas is $6.00 a gallon a given summer they're either going to cut back their camping or not go. This market is not like the cauldron of noobs paying a $1 a round for 9mm. Most reloaders effectively refuse to do that. They will go without long before overpaying.
This is effectively me. If I exhaust my current 2.5-3.2 cents per primer supply, I'd consider sucking it up for 6 or 7 cents a primer because I'd still see a savings.
But 25 cents each? No F-ing way.

lol

I hai guys!!! Let's buy milyun primers and sell to retards on NES for $250 a thousand .. we will make forshun guys !

I'm sure the elite gun owners in Weston will clear them out though.

Guess they weren't bullshitting about not being for sale on gunbroker.

Maybe not the deal Rob was working on, hopefully he got a finder's fee and not commission on sales.

Last edited:
I just read the OP again, $35 a k purchased all in and they are asking $250 a k.

Are you guys sure it is the same deal ?

I mean how could they possibly ask that amount on the forum where everyone knows what they paid ?
This is NES. A few years ago you could find WTS ads of people trying to sell used Rugers for more than the brand new price at Four Seasons...

Last edited:
This is NES. A few years ago you could find WTS ads of people trying to sell used Rugers for less than the brand new price at Four Seasons...

I can't find used Glocks in the classifieds now for less than the used price at Four Seasons lol

If you’re paying more than $.10 a round you have a mental problem

I just got some photos after Sara let her person open the pallets of primers. This was from the batch a close friend bought, and I would expect the Weston Horde to be in the same packaging.

Interesting tidbits:
  1. The boxes are the strangest primer packaging I have ever seen. The mode of package, and the count, looks like the product is packed for industrial users, not retail consumers.

2. There is no such thing as a box of 1000. Each box has "somewhere around 1000 primers", with the exact count market on the box and no two seem to be alike (well, if they check them all they might find two that match). Even the cases have different number of primers in each one. I've frequently seen goods sold for commercial consumption in various industries supplied with this sort of quantity variation.

3. There is a wire that one pulls out of the plastic case to release the hounds, er I mean primers. Due to shipment turbulence, some cases have a some loose primers in the bottom of the box that made their way out of the plastic cases.

4. RUAG owns Norma, and I've never heard anyone complain about problems with that brand of ammo.

5. The cool packaging lets you fantasize you are running an ammo factory.
1619549493834.png

1619549516355.png

I just read the OP again, $35 a k purchased all in and they are asking $250 a k.

Are you guys sure it is the same deal ?

I mean how could they possibly ask that amount on the forum where everyone knows what they paid ?
There you have it, in Rob's post.
Weston is selling RUAG primers, packed for commercial use, in quantities not equal to 1,000.

Wait, I see Weston has edited their ad and no longer specifies this info.
Caught, primer-handed?

lol

I hai guys!!! Let's buy milyun primers and sell to retards on NES for $250 a thousand .. we will make forshun guys !

I'm sure the elite gun owners in Weston will clear them out though.

Guess they weren't bullshitting about not being for sale on gunbroker.

Maybe not the deal Rob was working on, hopefully he got a finder's fee and not commission on sales.
The primers Sara was guarding are not being sold anywhere, and I was speaking only to that batch.

If you know the guy who owns them well enough that he will let you have them, there is no charge. My problem there is he does not have a Hazmat contract and is a very long drive away.

As to commission or finders fee, note the line in my original post: I am not adding anything for myself, so I am not an additional middleman, though a case of primers would be a nice thank you from anyone who uses this deal.

Weston is selling RUAG primers, packed for commercial use, in quantities not equal to 1,000.
I do not know how Weston is packaging or measuring quantities for sale of their primers.

Last edited:
I feel like most people don’t even know what is inside of a primer...

I will not comment on exact pricing, however, one must consider that part of the compensation for any reseller is for the risk. If a buyer pays cash in advance, to a vendor where the is no effective recourse for non delivery, because someone on a forum knew someone he said was a good guy who knew someone at a company that had a direct line to someone at a primer factory in Europe, that vendor is risking their capital which is worth a few extra points on the margin. Just look at how many people on NES would go for a small buy but there weren't many stepping forward to take the risk of fronting for 1M primers.

Last edited:
I will not comment on exact pricing, however, one must consider that part of the compensation for any reseller is for the risk. If a buyer pays cash in advance, to a vendor where the is no effective recourse for non delivery, because someone on a forum knew someone he said was a good guy who knew someone at a company that had a direct line to someone at a primer factory in Europe, that vendor is risking their capital which is worth a few extra points on the margin. Just look at how many people on NES would go for a small buy but there weren't many stepping forward to take the risk.

Primers for sale. No hazmat!...It’s literally 50 bucks for all the primers could ever “need” shipped...It’s not the end of the world. If you want primers by the gross PM me

At least we know the primers made it to the U.S and through customs.

When are we doing a NES group buy?

At least we know the primers made it to the U.S and through customs.

When are we doing a NES group buy?
Maybe some of the batch ended up with our Cameroonian friends at the non-existent number at the Littleton Mill, I'm sure they'd cut us a deal if Weston won't, maybe as low as $225/1000.

I have this fear of poorly packed or loose primers. All it takes is one to ignite to set off a chain reaction that ignites all 1 million primers.

That would probably be a bigger bang than the 80 pounds of tannerite up in NH recently!

Our goal is to have ammo for our members to shoot at the range during a time of unprecedented market conditions. We have no real interest in selling primers, but decided to put up a listing and see if there were any bites. If we sell some at that price then great, but we didn't really expect to. Also, you may not want to pay the price we listed for, but people are paying it every day on GB. Keeping in mind that our main interest is serving our members and keeping our range running, it's not worth it to us to sell primers for $50 or $100 per thousand or whatever someone else deems a "fair" price. Appreciate everyone's understanding of our perhaps unpopular take here.

Back
Top Bottom