Question on a Class A LTC with a hunting and target shooting restriction

Hello all,

I am applying for a Class A LTC next week in Medford. I do not plan on carrying a gun on my person unless I am going to a range or for hunting. Basically, my reasons for gun ownership are for home defense and for sport. I was debating as to whether to list my reasons for wanting a LTC on my application as "Target and Hunting" or "All Lawful Purposes", and the advice I've received from a few people is to just go for the "All Lawful Purposes", but they haven't given me any rationale as to why or what benefits that gives me BESIDES concealed carry. I can't seem to find any differences between the two aside from the concealed carry issue. Is there anything else I'm missing? Are they any other benefits to an unrestricted license aside from concealed carry?

There is no point to "requesting" a restricted license. And yes, concealed
carry is the only real issue, but even if I didn't carry a gun on a regular basis I would
still be pissed about having a restricted license because it's a further
infringement of rights than what we already have in this state.

If the PD there is bad, they'll restrict it anyways, so you might as
well shoot for the moon. What you apply for and what you actually
get are two different things in anti towns. (not sure if Medford is one of them
or not... )

-Mike

Always ask for ALP, you never know what you will do in the future. and IIRC a restricted license does NOT allow you to CCW at all, it just gives you the right to buy high cap handguns and such.

Always ask for ALP, you never know what you will do in the future. and IIRC a restricted license does NOT allow you to CCW at all, it just gives you the right to buy high cap handguns and such.

And 6 years is a LONG TIME! Lots can change over that time in your wants/needs.

...Are they any other benefits to an unrestricted license aside from concealed carry?
Rubbing it in to those of us that live in red towns? [sad2]

Seriously, apply for the ALP for all of us that can't. Just because you can carry doesn't mean you have to but when you need to it's very good to be able to.

Concealed carry isn't the only issue for a Class A - it may still be restricted, but it allows you to get large capacity hand guns.

Ask for "ALP". You may not want to carry now, but if something should happen in a couple years, you may wish you had that option.

I put sport/target on mine, but I'm in Boston and thus no one gets ALP unless they pay off the mayor. Anywhere else I'd say go for ALP, worst that happens is they restrict it.

Rubbing it in to those of us that live in red towns? [sad2]

Seriously, apply for the ALP for all of us that can't. Just because you can carry doesn't mean you have to but when you need to it's very good to be able to.

I feel for you guys up in Winchendon.... it doesn't make sense that the
chief over there is a dickhead... as I'm not aware of any huge crime
waves going on there. Not that that is a good reason for any CLEO to
restrict a permit, but I guess what I'm getting at is that he doesn't even
have a half assed excuse to restrict them, other than that he's probably
an anti.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom