Question on using Slip 2000 EWL & EWG on Sig pistol

yanici

NES Member
I thought I'd like to try the Slip 2000 lubes on my Sig P229. To be specific, the "Extreme Weapons Lube" and the "Extreme Weapons Grease." I was planning on using the EWG on the slide and the EWL on the barrel, etc. Would I be better using the grease on the barrel as well as the slide? I've never used this stuff and neither Sig nor Slip 2000 have answered my emails with these question.

Right now I've been using a mix of ATF and Mobil 1 on the barrel, and white lithium grease on the slide for range use. Seems to be working ok. When the gun gets cleaned and readied for carry the grease comes off and I put some oil on the slide.

Well, I guess none of you use the Slip 2000 products. For giggles I ordered some of their Extreme Lube and their Extreme grease. I'll try to post a review on the stuff. I'm gonna use the grease on the slide and the lube on the rest of the gun, my Sig 229.

Slip is awsome stuff I use it on all my guns and Im getting my Dept to buy it for all our AR15's and handguns. Slip is a quality lube.

Well, I guess none of you use the Slip 2000 products. For giggles I ordered some of their Extreme Lube and their Extreme grease. I'll try to post a review on the stuff. I'm gonna use the grease on the slide and the lube on the rest of the gun, my Sig 229.

Sig recommends Mil -Comm, probably similar to Slip.

Sig recommends Mil -Comm, probably similar to Slip.

I got a return e-mail from Greg at Slip 2000. According to him the instructors at Sig Academy are using it and Sig is selling it in their Pro Shop. If this is true then it might be worth the try. I can't see it harming the gun anyway.

Slip 2000 is a quality lubricant. Pat Rogers of EAG Tactical highly recomends it. Pat is a very highly regarded instructor and considered by many as one of the best Carbine instroctors in the country

Just use the grease. Dont worry about the viscosity. I use Militech grease on all my pistols. It is probably one of the most viscus lubes on the market. There is no need to over think lubrication. The grease is fine, on a AR use the oil.

Back
Top Bottom