Quick question please

Thanks everyone for the info of course we would never omit anything. And I'm really not worried about our local LEO if he can legally approve her they will it's just all the laws and court cases I read are really undefined for an out of state charge vs in state charge
Bro ... pay a lawyer for one hour if his time and have a conversation. There are quite a few great lawyers here on NES.

It will be worth it.

Last edited:
... even better, get legal counsel who specializes in guns for a consult (Langer, Guida, Tassel before you apply. An office consult should run you about $200. An appeal more like $5k if it involves a court appearance, plus, if you don't get the consult in advance you will be paying your attorney to attempt to correct any strategic missteps on your part.
This should be the standard answer for these types of threads.

Don't mean to offend anyone, but if you can't pay the $200 up front for the consult, you can't afford to shoot. $200 is like 10 minutes at the range depending on what you are shooting.

Would any of our legal types consider expungement? Taking into account; No other criminal history, mildness of the original charge and current Cannabis Laws in the Commonwealth.

Find out if you can expunge your criminal record

Non-time-based expungement

Additionally, the law allows you to expunge a record if the record was created based on:
  • False use of your identification
  • Unauthorized use of your identity
  • Theft of your identity
  • Offense(s) that is/are no longer a crime (i.e. possessing small amounts of marijuana)
  • Errors by law enforcement
  • Errors by civilian or expert witness(es)
  • Errors by court employees
  • Fraud perpetrated upon the court

Just get lawyer….All the other options are stupid. Which basically sums up why you shouldn’t need a license to exercise a “right”

Would any of our legal types consider expungement? Taking into account; No other criminal history, mildness of the original charge and current Cannabis Laws in the Commonwealth.

Find out if you can expunge your criminal record

Non-time-based expungement

Additionally, the law allows you to expunge a record if the record was created based on:
  • False use of your identification
  • Unauthorized use of your identity
  • Theft of your identity
  • Offense(s) that is/are no longer a crime (i.e. possessing small amounts of marijuana)
  • Errors by law enforcement
  • Errors by civilian or expert witness(es)
  • Errors by court employees
  • Fraud perpetrated upon the court
  1. The police do not recognize "legal fiction" and are likely to still deny if it is not disclosed on the application
  2. The MJ decriminalization law specifically prohibits any government agency of subdivision thereof from denying any license or benefit to someone based on a minir MJ conviction (I think it's under 1oz simple possession)
  3. Even if#2 were not so, MA courts have ruled that offenses for which you received a full pardon may still be used against you in the licensing process (yes, really)
  4. The issuing authority is allowed to use info against you, no matter how obtained, and without any substantiation. Hearsay is specifically allowed, and the right to cross examine the witness(es) against you or even have them testify directly at your appeal does not exist.

Sh*t answer.

They have a lot to lose. If they say no, they forever have to say they got denied. So, imagine moving to another state and filling out a form and having to explain you got denied.
This is really not a problem in the shall issue states; just a few of the "may issue" states.

Just get lawyer….All the other options are stupid. Which basically sums up why you shouldn’t need a license to exercise a “right
The MA courts have basically held that you do not have a right to the only license that will allow you to exercise that right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom