• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RCBS Chargemaster Supreme - Cover altering zero

So this may be some well known scenario that is just not talked about much because everyone knows it, but here it goes anyway since this was a little bit of a surprise to me.

I was using the chargemaster for the first time a week or so ago. I noticed that when i put the draft cover on, the zero would change. What was zero without the cover, became +1 or 2 grains on the empty pan with the cover in its place. I didn't think much of this as i was using it without the cover anyway. I later did some research on it and it turns out it was staticelectricity. Rubbed the thing down with a dryer sheet and now the cover does not change the scales zero at all. Didn't have a felt charge, didn't have kernels sticking anywhere, no real signs of this except the change in zero.

Just thought i would give this heads up in case someone runs into the same issue. For that matter, i think this has taught me to just rub the thing down with a dryer sheet before each use to make sure nothing funky funky happens. Some people say they just store it with a dryer sheet in the hopper to keep the static from forming in the first place.

Happy loading.

Back
Top Bottom