Reid claims he'll bring anti gun bill to vote Wed April 17th.

Sen. Toomey said:
[T]he Second Amendment does not apply equally to every single American.
Gun bill dealt setback as amendment fails - MarketWatch

Senator Tommey, the Equal Protection and Due Process clauses say otherwise even if natural rights did not demand it. [angry2]

These bozos need to be impeached for their ignorance of and disdain for the Constitution.

Sen John Cornyn R-Texas Minority Whip condemning Obummer for what he said yesterday. He's pissed.

Good! Claiming pro-gun lobbyists are liars while he routinely twists the facts. 90% my a**s.... Enjoy your pouting party POTUS...

Every household in America saw the presidents remarks last night. It upsets me because the senators that upheld the constitution cannot have the same exposure that he did. They will not be able to call him out to the same amount of audiences he did. That upsets me. Our media would never allow that to happen.

First of two amendments up for vote. This one's good, I hope it passes; Withholds law enforcement grants from states & localities that release gun ownership data.

- - - Updated - - -

Leahy is opposing it.

Last edited:
First of two amendments up for vote. This one's good, I hope it passes; Withholds law enforcement grants from states & localities that release gun ownership data.

- - - Updated - - -

Leahy is opposing it.

AND IT PASSED!

67 v 30

In other words, out of all the gun control amendments so far, the only one passed is good for us.

Harkin Amendment - Expands federal mental health programs, including education, suicide prevention & trauma centers

Amendment Passed 95 v 2 (Lee and Paul)

- - - Updated - - -

Now recess until 2pm

And since most of the amendments got voted down, the bill in it's entirety should also be voted down, correct??

What is this also about Harry Reid being able to vote on it later??
That would seem to depend on a couple things:
1. Did they agree to a 60 vote requirement for bills or just cloture and amendment? They have the votes if they only need 51
2. This bill now has the stench of failure on it, do blue dogs and RINOs want to have to explain the nuance of supporting the "clean” bill but not the very dirty amendments?
3. The bill now has downside in it for the antis, so do they want it anymore without the AWB or even UBC?

Yeah I knew what was in most of it. I jsut wasn't sure if this thing still had a chance of passing somehow, even after yesterdays failure.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Did they agree to a 60 vote requirement for bills or just cloture and amendment? They have the votes if they only need 51
2. This bill now has the stench of failure on it, do blue dogs and RINOs want to have to explain the nuance of supporting the "clean” bill but not the very dirty amendments?
3. The bill now has downside in it for the antis, so do they want it anymore without the AWB or even UBC?

Gotcha, thanks.

Reid may not even bring it up for a vote, to save face, correct?

Back
Top Bottom