Reloading Bench Photos

Thanks jasons. Do you sacrafice safety going cheaper? I started a new thread on reload equipment and costs earlier.

Not at all. You won't be able to load as fast as someone with a nice progressive press, but that's really it.

And definitely look into a good class.

Thanks jasons. Do you sacrafice safety going cheaper? I started a new thread on reload equipment and costs earlier.

There are many threads you can check out that will answer your questions in reloading forum. I can't link with droid.

Look for reloading manuals on flea-bay, they have helpful info for all ages.

Lots of good videos as well on youtube.

What town are you near?
-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

Last edited:

You won't sacrifice safety going cheaper, you'll sacrifice speed and convenience (and possibly quality/accuracy if you go too cheap).

Your equipment investment is determined by your budget, the number of rounds you shoot, and the amount of time you have available to spend reloading.

I'd think that an auto indexing press might be a little safer, actually, because it's that much harder to double charge a case. That said, you should be keeping an eye on things regardless. Don't fall asleep at the crank [wink]

For .38 don't bother with a single stage press. Pony up for a progressive, whether it be blue (550b, 650) or red (LnL).

You won't sacrifice safety going cheaper, you'll sacrifice speed and convenience (and possibly quality/accuracy if you go too cheap).

Your equipment investment is determined by your budget, the number of rounds you shoot, and the amount of time you have available to spend reloading.

What's a good middle of the road press? Sat a few hundred dollars? Single stage would be fine. I'm a mechanical guy so machines and mechanisms are easy for me to figure out.

What's a good middle of the road press? Sat a few hundred dollars? Single stage would be fine. I'm a mechanical guy so machines and mechanisms are easy for me to figure out.

I think a lot of people would say the Rockchucker and I agree that's a good one. I really like my Forster co-ax. The Hornady is another good one. You almost can't go wrong with a single stage, the only one I'd really stay away from is the Lee unless that was all I could afford.

F055F93A-81B0-4939-82E0-150BAF34E5AF-701-00000094DF9C7D91.jpg
Mr. Fancy Pants and his Forster Co-Ax

Here's my mess:
DSC00187.jpg

For a single, you can't go wrong with a Rockchucker. I have two of those equipped with the L-N-L adapters. I also have a few Hornady L-N-L Classic single stage presses and they're good too.

For a single, you can't go wrong with a Rockchucker. I have two of those equipped with the L-N-L adapters. I also have a few Hornady L-N-L Classic single stage presses and they're good too.

+1 I bought a rock chucker and an LNL AP on a binge a couple of months ago and I LOVE using the rock chucker because of its simplicity.

These are really nice, practical setups. some are just bananas. I bought a dillon 550 off a friend last week (getting next week maybe cause his 1050 is on backorder).

but i started to make a little area in my garage this weekend. I bought that wooden bench from harbor freight, and while its not an enormously large work surface, it is suprisingly solid despite it being HF.
Once i start seting stuff up, i'll also share pics. Thanks for all the ideas guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Old picture of my bench. The Lee 1000 has been replaced by another Loadmaster. Load .45's on the Loadmaster in the picture now and load .223 and 9mm on my new Loadmaster. Bench frame is all extruded aluminum with a MDF top. Super sturdy even though the bench is on casters.

Attachments

• IMG-20130131-00048.jpg
    IMG-20130131-00048.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG-20130131-00047.jpg
    IMG-20130131-00047.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 264
Just finishing up my reloading bench as my ordered equipment slowly dribbles in off back order. Press just came in, now all I need is the 9mm die set and case trimmer for .223 to come in and I'm making ammo.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1366247214.401071.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1366247214.401071.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1366247224.738507.jpg ]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1366247194.573054.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1366247194.573054.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 237
Don't be embarrassed nickybangbamg. These neat guys are freaks man.....I'm in the area of my house that has all of my stuff in it. Tools. Heater oil tank water heater. Table saw drill press.....in about a 6x8 foot area. Its a frinking nightmare. I make it work though......still nice set ups you guys have there.

If you have ever purchased any of my used reloading stuff here, this is where it all happens. It's also where I reload; yes, that is a caveman Lee Press you see in the picture!!

010.jpg 014.jpg

Just picked up my first press so I went though this thread for some bench ideas...

Holy crap, you guys have some drool worthy setups!

Back
Top Bottom