Reloading Bench Photos

IMG_20120616_220702.jpg

Here's mine, just got it finished in June, but now have to take it apart and store it for about a year while we get moved to New England. Plenty of room for expansion, and it cost me about 50 bucks total, most of that in glue, bolts and drill bits I didn't already own.

I tried drinking beer and reloading once, at the end of my session I did a little checking and I still haven't torn down all that I reloaded that day, never again.

IMG_20120616_220702.jpg

Here's mine, just got it finished in June, but now have to take it apart and store it for about a year while we get moved to New England. Plenty of room for expansion, and it cost me about 50 bucks total, most of that in glue, bolts and drill bits I didn't already own.

Awesome setup, I've never seen anything this clean, it's a like an emergency room.

Bonus points for first aid kit and a pint of vodka! Those go hand in hand.

Awesome setup, I've never seen anything this clean, it's a like an emergency room.

Bonus points for first aid kit and a pint of vodka! Those go hand in hand.

It's currently piled high with yard sale candidates ahead of our move at the end of the month. I need to load about 800 rounds before we move or all my supplies will be trapped in storage limbo for a year. I was telling my wife that one of the few things that makes me sad about moving is that I both finally had the garage almost the way I wanted it (dry wall and insulation would have been nice) and had finally got into reloading afer considering it for the better part of 20 years. She assures me our next house will have reloading space...

Posted from my busted old G2 on T-mobile's sorry network.

Work in progress. Just mounted presses to inline fabrication strong mounts and added the press light to the classic and the press light with ceiling add on light on the AP. Need to figure out something for the primers. Lowes Kobalt bench and double MDF top. Super sturdy. Added the ergo roller handle to the AP as well. It was a good Christmas and birthday this year. Got the RCBS chargemaster for the birthday from the family, and the AP from the wife for Christmas.

After I run my 10mm test loads at the range, I will be ready to knock out some AP rounds

See pics in next post.... oops

Last edited:
Oops forgot pics

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357254006504.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357254006504.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 346
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357254014787.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357254014787.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 209
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357254025931.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357254025931.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 201
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357254033364.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357254033364.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 208
I have my setup in a cage in the basement. If I lock the cage is it MGL compliant or do I need to construct locking shelves?

4E45ED23-8F40-4A4F-A0CF-DE1DB79C609E-217-000000D35A5B44E3.jpg

Next thing to figure out is how to do my spent primer tube on the LNL. Because of the Ultramount, the tube is not hanging over the bench. I drilled a hole through the bench and drilled a hole through the side of the bench and put a grommet in it sheet metal side, but to say it is not dependable would be an understatement. The hose kinks every now and then, and the tube, because it goes up and down doesn't stay with a downhill cant, it twists around. I really do not want to lose the storage of the drawers below, so I am thinking of doing a hard tubing under the bench, and something where I have hard tubing above the bench that the brass tube slides in and out of and overlaps.

Here's my bench. Mounting presses at the end of the table ensures a lot of support for them. There is still about 1/4" of deflection but that could be solved with a local gusset or supporting board. Overall I'm very happy with it. Just needs some paint on the fiber board so it doesn't swell.

2012-12-01 09.15.19.jpg 2012-12-01 09.16.21.jpg 2012-12-01 09.16.37.jpg

"....and he wore...that uncomfortable hunk of metal.....up his asssss...."

LOL. I love that movie and it just happened to be on Cinemax or whatever when I was cleaning up.

how do you like the riser mount for your LNL? was thinking about picking one of those up as you really have to get that handle low with it mounted to my bench.

In a word: awesome. I also have the ergo roller handle from the same company and it's also awesome.

http://www.inlinefabrication.com

Also from the same company:
Low primer buzzer (modified Dillon part adapted to the LnL)
Double swing-out bullet tray
LED lighting
Die trays

All excellent stuff.

LOL. I love that movie and it just happened to be on Cinemax or whatever when I was cleaning up.

In a word: awesome. I also have the ergo roller handle from the same company and it's also awesome.

http://www.inlinefabrication.com

Also from the same company:
Low primer buzzer (modified Dillon part adapted to the LnL)
Double swing-out bullet tray
LED lighting
Die trays

All excellent stuff.

The light kit is great.

I'll play too. Right now I have a dozen or so molds and a bunch of lead melting things in the garage. For loading equipment I have: Dillon Square Deal B, Lyman single stage, Lee Challenger single stage, and a Star Lube-sizer.

From the hallway door. (the computer tower is just so that the lubed & sized boolits don't fall all the way to the floor. I'll come up with a better system someday) That's my wireless router & modem on the far corner of the desk...
IMAG0050.jpg

From the back right in the 1st pic. Not sure where to put the Rock chucker. I might replace the Challenger with it.
IMAG0051.jpg

PS: Both filing cabinets are full of fun things. [grin] And they're lockable. Look at me, being all law abiding and stuff.

Last edited:
The only caliber I have that I could reload are .38's. How much of an investment would I have to soak into reloading equipment, and what equipment would I need to start? Great setups btw.

The only caliber I have that I could reload are .38's. How much of an investment would I have to soak into reloading equipment, and what equipment would I need to start? Great setups btw.

Depends on how hog wild you want to go. On the cheap side probably under $200. On the high side, thousands.

Back
Top Bottom