Reloading Bench Photos

Jamie,

I sorted my 223 brass and tumbled a bunch. When I was seperating the media I had my fan on to gather the airborne dust. Well I dropped the end into the bin and it vacuumed up about a quart containers worth of lizard litter and shot a cloud out the side of my house.

Thanks for my 1st laugh of the day. [rofl] Must have looked cool.[laugh]

Last edited:
I like to stand up when reloading - keeps me a bit more focused on the task at hand[smile]
Jim

Attachments

• reloading bench websize.JPG
    reloading bench websize.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 324
finally got some pics, please don't mind the mess...

Here is the bench i built, the top is a door that weighs about 70 pounds. its very sturdy. could use a couple more presses.... [smile]

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

here is my workbench/cleaning station

IMAG0026.jpg

My workbench - gun cleaning & reloading area. The Lee Pro 1000 is set up for 9mm. It was my grandfather's old press. I have dies and a powder measure for .357 & .38. I just need to get a single stage press. Tumbler is on another bench. Not much, but it works.

IMG00157-20101130-2018.jpg

IMG00159-20101130-2019.jpg

IMG00160-20101130-2019.jpg

Ok, Here goes.... I just finished up with some bench upgrades (turned into a remodel as usual!)
Thought I'd share them here.

Here are the before photos....
DSC04375.jpg

DSC04374.jpg

DSC04373.jpg

And Here are the after photos....

DSC06812.jpg

Added a little more wall space wall and bench space.
DSC06814.jpg

DSC06815.jpg

DSC06816.jpg

DSC06817.jpg

DSC06818.jpg

Good observation.[laugh2]

Does that countertop flex at all when cycling the press? Looks kinda thin.

Haven't had to actually do any loading yet, It flexes very little, The countertop is sitting on to of a frame that is made up of 2x4's on the flat. I did this to give me some clearance for a couple of rollout cabinets underneath. we'll see once I start loading again. May just have to add another leg in the center.

Good look'in out though!

Any static electricity from the carpet is a disaster waiting to happen. I would have gone with a rubber mat. Other than that it looks pretty good.

Any static electricity from the carpet is a disaster waiting to happen. I would have gone with a rubber mat. Other than that it looks pretty good.

Never had an issue with static. IMO you'd have a hard time trying to ignite smokeless powder with a static charge. Black powder may be a different story though.

Sent from my fisher price rotary phone via tapatalk for responsible gun owners.

Well, It's been 6 months since the move, and I'm finally getting my gun room/Reloading area set up.

My lovely wife was gracious enough to let me have the use of the 4th bedroom here at the cabin. It's around 12 x 20, but still a major comedown from over 1400 sq ft in my previous garage. Here's couple of pics of the reloading area, and gun room. (still a work in progress)

I just finished these rifle racks:
df052e82.jpg

0d35e02b.jpg

My reloading bench (casting and tumbling will be done in the garage):
3b22e8f4.jpg

4b9bc920.jpg

Cleaning bench:
59dc4bb1.jpg

Great job Sportcliff. Love those SKS's .

Thanks man!
I've got an acre directly behind the cabin that we're gonna start clearing for the greenhouses tomorrow. So, it doesn't look like I'll be loading for at least a week or two...

Then I've gotta cut the rifle range out. Property line on that side is over 2000', backed up
to 800 acres of conservation land. 600 yd range in my backyard![grin]

Then, my 14 yr old wants a "tactical" style range with pop-up bad guy targets, and the wife and I want a 25yd bullseye range with a roof.

Gonna be a busy year.[laugh]

Thanks man!
I've got an acre directly behind the cabin that we're gonna start clearing for the greenhouses tomorrow. So, it doesn't look like I'll be loading for at least a week or two...

Then I've gotta cut the rifle range out. Property line on that side is over 2000', backed up

Then, my 14 yr old wants a "tactical" style range with pop-up bad guy targets, and the wife and I want a 25yd bullseye range with a roof.

Wow.....I'm glad someone is living my lottery dream......Nice job!

+1...that's an amazing looking setup thus far sportcliff. By the way...is that the Savage in 338 lapua on the very left? If so could you PM me your thoughts on it? (I don't want to detract from this thread). Thanks!

Thanks! No lottery, just totally debt free right now. (except monthlies, and prop taxes (which are MUCH less than my MA taxes))

Will you marry me? [laugh]
Awesome to have the land to do the range.
Sorry, already hitched![wink]
it's actually a combination of the land and conservation land that works. Helps when you have a 100 sq mi town with 8 or 900 year round residents, and it's not in MA!![laugh]

+1...that's an amazing looking setup thus far sportcliff. By the way...is that the Savage in 338 lapua on the very left? If so could you PM me your thoughts on it? (I don't want to detract from this thread). Thanks!
Good eye, but no, it's the .308, but man it's a tack driver. In less than optimal conditions at Copicut less than an inch at 300 yds off a bench with a bipod. I was regularly shooting 1/4" @ 100yds at Angle Tree. (handloads of course) Privi match 168g was good for 3/4-1"
I had the .338 on hold for me for over 6 mos., but couldn't make myself justify it at the distances I can shoot. Even reloading that round is expensive.[shocked]

Thanks! No lottery, just totally debt free right now. (except monthlies, and prop taxes (which are MUCH less than my MA taxes))

Sorry, already hitched![wink]
it's actually a combination of the land and conservation land that works. Helps when you have a 100 sq mi town with 8 or 900 year round residents, and it's not in MA!![laugh]

Good eye, but no, it's the .308, but man it's a tack driver. In less than optimal conditions at Copicut less than an inch at 300 yds off a bench with a bipod. I was regularly shooting 1/4" @ 100yds at Angle Tree. (handloads of course) Privi match 168g was good for 3/4-1"
I had the .338 on hold for me for over 6 mos., but couldn't make myself justify it at the distances I can shoot. Even reloading that round is expensive.[shocked]

I should have known since the magazine looked a bit too small ;) Glad to hear it's accurate though (as most Savages are). I'm really wanting a 338 lapua even though it's a lot of gun for the 300 yard range I shoot at (regardless It'd still be hella fun though). Like you though, it may be best to go with a different caliber for the distances I shoot (I'm thinking 7mm rem mag). Thanks for the response and good luck getting the rest of your playground setup ;)

Thanks man!

sweet, NES shoot at your house?

Is there any significant downside to reloading in a space within the house?

Is there any airborne particle issues with the powders?

PM if you can help me to preserve this thread.

Here is my setup. In the middle of a 30-06 batch
4b4316ba-da72-c797.jpg

And my smith/ cleaning bench
4b4316ba-dad7-076a.jpg

And the fruits of my labor
4b4316ba-db00-113b.jpg

I need to get a die set for .40 S&W and a 16 ga mec jr setup for trap
Here is my mec jr 12ga. It's mounted to a board so I can stow it out of the way when not in use
4b4316ba-dbce-5798.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any significant downside to reloading in a space within the house?

Is there any airborne particle issues with the powders?

PM if you can help me to preserve this thread.

Yes, there is esp. with the tumbling process. Airborn lead will get into everything which is not good. Also, you will be vaccuming up primers all the time.

Well, It's been 6 months since the move, and I'm finally getting my gun room/Reloading area set up.

My lovely wife was gracious enough to let me have the use of the 4th bedroom here at the cabin. It's around 12 x 20, but still a major comedown from over 1400 sq ft in my previous garage. Here's couple of pics of the reloading area, and gun room. (still a work in progress)

Cleaning bench:

Nice set up!

Added a Lee single stage set up for .38/.357 next to the Pro 1000 for 9mm. I still have to get a ram prime for it, and some other size shellholders for things to come.

IMG00092-20110414-1931.jpg

My Reloading Room

I bought my place in 87 and one of my top priorities was to put in a reloading room.....I got heavy into highpower rifle and reloading for every piece i own.....Then came my two beautiful daughters, and every thing got locked up for too many years.......Now that they've grown up, i'm dusting it all off and doing a little more shooting......just at a more leisurely pace......No more regimented shooting...............here's a few pics of my reloading room......enjoy...............

100_0601.jpg 100_0600.jpg 100_0542.jpg 100_0541.jpg 100_0597.jpg 100_0544.jpg 100_0596.jpg 100_0543.jpg 100_0540.jpg 100_0594.jpg 100_0601.jpg 100_0600.jpg 100_0542.jpg 100_0541.jpg 100_0597.jpg 100_0544.jpg 100_0596.jpg 100_0543.jpg 100_0540.jpg 100_0594.jpg

I bought my place in 87 and one of my top priorities was to put in a reloading room.....I got heavy into highpower rifle and reloading for every piece i own.....Then came my two beautiful daughters, and every thing got locked up for too many years.......Now that they've grown up, i'm dusting it all off and doing a little more shooting......just at a more leisurely pace......No more regimented shooting...............here's a few pics of my reloading room......enjoy...............

Winning!

Back
Top Bottom