REMINGTON 783 Anyone ?

geoguy8

NES Member
Saw Cabelas is selling these for 299, with a 40 rebate. $260 for a scoped rifle that is getting pretty good reviews on line. Realizing you get what you pay for, seems like a great deal none the less...Anyone have experience with these rifles ?
Thanks

current remington production quality is beyond bad. i would not purchase anything from them, but if you like to roll the dice then go for it. personally if I were looking for a budget bolt action it would be Savage all day long.

Saw Cabelas is selling these for 299, with a 40 rebate. $260 for a scoped rifle that is getting pretty good reviews on line. Realizing you get what you pay for, seems like a great deal none the less...Anyone have experience with these rifles ?
Thanks

What do you plan to do or expect from this rifle.
I'm going to say you might be able to find a older savage for the same money or look into what savage offers for rebates.

http://www.savagearms.com/promotions/

Last edited:
Looking for a used Savage, skip the Remington. Mostly range gun, may hunt once a year or so. Thanks all

Looking for a used Savage, skip the Remington. Mostly range gun, may hunt once a year or so. Thanks all

I think if you look around you might find a better value in a used gun.... I do think you should really think it through and figure out what type of hunting you plan on doing and what cal will fill those needs.
Also consider the separation between "hunting" and "range/target" gun. I see so many people buy a light weight pencil barrel entry level gun in a cal larger than they really need and proceed to beat themselves up with recoil and disappointment when the light pencil barrel platform looses its "accuracy" as it gets hot.
My friend spent $2500 on one of his bolt guns including scope. Nice rifle but its good for about 5 shots before it wonders. He now has more fun shooting his CZ455 bull barrel 22lr for target shooting out to 200 yards. His bolt gun does everything its should for a hunting gun. cold bore shot is always dead on 2nd shot is right next to it but you start creeping past 5 rounds and it wonders. its also 300win so its a bit punchy in a 6 lb hunting rifle

Back
Top Bottom