Remington Arms=Traitors!

Emailed.

Hello,

According the the article linked, You, Remington, have sold out for a measly $8 Million dollars per year. And that you claim to be pro-2A on your facebook page but neglect to mention this "deal." And that you failed to note on that page that you are expanding your NY location. We Patriots don't buy from companies who collaborate with the enemy (Now the State of NY, CO, MD, CT, and soon to be MA and CA).
Magpul has announced they are leaving CO and Beretta has announced they will be leaving MD. Colt is now thinking about leaving CT.

Remember I don't buy from companies who give aid (tax dollars, etc) to my enemies. My friends do not buy from those kinds of companies. Smith and Wesson learned this the hard way in the year 2000 when we Patriots caused their stock to crash from a national boycott when they collaborated with Clinton and the other Antis.

Your company is now on the "list" of companies to boycott. I will be sure to spread the misdeeds of Remington as far as I can. Word of Mouth is the most powerful form of advertising and I intend to use it against you.

I had thought of buying a Remington 700 and an 870 shotgun. No more. I will spend my money with companies who actually care about the 2nd Amendment.

Remington Arms Says It Will Stay in New York | Local News - ROCHESTER'S NEWS - WEATHER & TRAFFIC STATION

However, should Remington have a change of heart and decide to leave NY, I will spend my time informing others that you did the right thing and are a company we can buy products from.

Best Regards,

I like my Remington R1...

Guys/Gals, its going to be hard to boycott all things we disagree with. I tried it with Amazon when their CEO went retarded. Then I found a link thru Comm2A's website that gave them a donation when used to buy shit. You know what I did? I bought dehumidifier from the website I said I wouldn't.

I told another guy here on NES to eat some humble pie for shit he was saying. You know what - I just ate some.

That's just reality. I don't think the point is that you can necessarily boycott or refuse to buy products in every single situation or from every single company that screws you over - but that doesn't mean you shouldn't at least have the notion in your head TO TRY.

When the whole topic of boycotts started coming up - there were a whole bunch of people whining " it will never work".

These people are what is termed: UNHELPFUL.

Yeah - sooner or later you're likely to end up sending some money to a person or company you don't agree with. But there should be cases where - if given two clear choices - say between some Remington AR and an AR from another company - where you just throw Remington out of the contention - and go with the other company - especially if the other company is pro 2nd amendment.

People should at the very least TRY to send their money towards companies that don't suck. If they're not even willing to TRY doing that - then THEY SUCK.

It's like some of the people I know who still continue to put their money into Bank of America - and then they bitch about how bad the bank is - and send news articles around about the latest nasty shenannigans the bank has been involved in.

I have given up trying to reason with people who do stuff like that - past a certain point you just have look at them and say: "you realize of course that you're a ****ing moron - right?"

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see that most of the list here is geared to the "Non-Government Sales". We are in the drivers seat if we want to be.

That 's a point that the thick-headed amongst us can't seem to let seep into their brains.

I am confused as to what we are mad at Remington for. Staying in NY or taking government contracts?

they both seem to be educated business decisions

they were never leaving NY in my opinion so the government contract doesn't go hand in hand in my eyes. what does the federal government care if they leave upstate new york or not?

Yes. For me, it's the part about how taking the government contract seemed to coerce them to stay in NY and expand their plant there.

They were a shoe-in for that contract anyway. I highly doubt the contracting decision was at all swayed by State politics.

Oh man, an other company I have to boycott to keep my 2A cred? Damn it, I had my heart set on an AAC can for when I move to NH.

A_II0H7X5O4

You keep buying your Remingtons and sit around wondering why your rights are slowly being stripped and I'll do what I can to keep them. You know the old saying, If you're not part of the solution......

I have a 700 SPS AAC-SD on order, been wanting this particular one for a while. I still intend to buy it, I still intend to shoot it, I still intend to enjoy it. Does that make me less of a freedom fighter then you?

Last edited:
I have a 700 SPS AAC-SD on order, been wanting this particular one for a while. I still intend to buy it, I still intend to shoot, I still intend to enjoy it. Does that make me less of a freedom fighter then you?

it's ok, i have a 700 LTR with a H-S precision stock. came that way from the factory at least. i can't afford to replace, burn, and pee on the H-S stock, so it stays there

guess we're back to being revolutibuddies with only each other again.

it's ok, i have a 700 LTR with a H-S precision stock. came that way from the factory at least. i can't afford to replace, burn, and pee on the H-S stock, so it stays there

guess we're back to being revolutibuddies with only each other again.

I think I might put a magpul sticker on the stock of the 700 to help off set my lack of principal.

I am confused as to what we are mad at Remington for. Staying in NY or taking government contracts?

they both seem to be educated business decisions

so is prostitution. Filthy capitalist whores! I will never buy an AK from them ... oh wait ... yeah, filthy capitalist whores!

I have a 700 SPS AAC-SD on order, been wanting this particular one for a while. I still intend to buy it, I still intend to shoot it, I still intend to enjoy it. Does that make me less of a freedom fighter then you?

that makes you a pimp, which could be a good thing. You know that pimp love is a different kind of love?

What about all the ammunition manufacturers that accept government contracts?

Yeah, I'd love to see the "boycott everything" club around here stand on principle on THAT one. [rofl]

At some point the benefit of having the product outweighs any of that bullshit.. big companies are in business to make money. Also, a company like S&W or Remington staying in an anti gun shithole state (as they have been for many years already) is not a surprise. Why did nobody care about them staying for the past 40 years or whatever its been, but now suddenly people care? Both NY and MA have always been anti gun dump states.

-Mike

There are so many much mo' better alternatives to the Rem 700 action that it's really a shame to pay $700-$1100 for a new one. You will still always get a shitty or iffy barrel and the worst extractor ever.

Last two rifles have been built with Stiller actions, and although I payed more, I feel like I'm getting 10 times the rifle. Would much rather have one custom gun than three 700 factories.

Rem 700 factory, tactical style HS Shitstock ($1000) -> hope for 1 MOA

Stiller Predator ($900) + Premium barrel ($300) + Custom stock ($300) + Chambering ($200) ~= $1700 -> expect 1/3 MOA

There are so many much mo' better alternatives to the Rem 700 action that it's really a shame to pay $700-$1100 for a new one. You will still always get a shitty or iffy barrel and the worst extractor ever.

Last two rifles have been built with Stiller actions, and although I payed more, I feel like I'm getting 10 times the rifle. Would much rather have one custom gun than three 700 factories.

Stiller Predator ($900) + Premium barrel ($300) + Custom stock ($300) + Chambering ($200) ~= $1700 -> expect 1/3 MOA

That's cool, but I am still going to buy the 700, because it is the product that has everything I am looking for at a price I am willing to pay.

you're getting soaked then, i didn't pay anywhere near that for my 700.

paid several hundred less, new, shipped from NE to here. after i was done with it the dollar figure was much higher, and it's capable of 1MOA easy. the limiting factor with my rifle is the shooter (me), not it.

i'm boycotting your posts.

Remington ammo sucks Kim John Ils hairy ass. The only thing you can learn shooting it is how to clear jams. Word!

don't forget all the gun cleaning practice.

Why did nobody care about them staying for the past 40 years or whatever its been, but now suddenly people care? Both NY and MA have always been anti gun dump states.

-Mike

Seriously.

And on a humorous note, considering they've been there since 1816, they've got that pesky thing called corporate memory to fall back on when it comes to boycotts. Like that time half the country decided to boycott the Northern States and got the shit kicked out of it by the Federal Government.

Back
Top Bottom