Remington Arms=Traitors!

That's cool, but I am still going to buy the 700, because it is the product that has everything I am looking for at a price I am willing to pay.

No problem, I understand. But, if you're ever willing to open up the budget a bit and/or look more more precision, take a look at a custom build. One nice thing about it is you can stretch out the separate purchases out over many months to avoid taking the hit all at once.

you're getting soaked then, i didn't pay anywhere near that for my 700.

paid several hundred less, new, shipped from NE to here. after i was done with it the dollar figure was much higher, and it's capable of 1MOA easy. the limiting factor with my rifle is the shooter (me), not it.

I guess the box-store ones with plastic stocks can usually be found on sale for ~$400. An SPS you're looking at $700? Their better stuff like the 5R mil-spec is $1100.

No problem, I understand. But, if you're ever willing to open up the budget a bit and/or look more more precision, take a look at a custom build. One nice thing about it is you can stretch out the separate purchases out over many months to avoid taking the hit all at once.

I know about stretching builds and budget shopping, but if I am going to open my budget up, I am going to buy an OBR. [wink]

the SPS ones are bleh. i was holding out for a 5R but settled on the LTR and i'm perfectly happy with it. two friends have 5R barreled 700s and i know they paid under a grand for those, too.

lol, I would read this just for the Boris rants.

that makes you a pimp, which could be a good thing. You know that pimp love is a different kind of love?

Gotta keep the pimp hand strong.

Here's the question. So you have a house and none of the weapons in it are legal, so you decide to move, but the government says they'll give you a million to upgrade it. So you take the money, upgrade the house. You still leave. Then you rent out the house. lol

The important point to make is that this was cleared way before the SAFE act even came up. Money in the pocket. 'nuff said.

You can not like the government as much as you want. I bet you still take that tax refund!!!

Well I already own an r1 enhanced....if any of you revolutionaries want I will take them off your hands so you aren't soiled by such a POS....50% discount. Love mine!

So looks like they must have been gettin emailed pretty good cause my emails just got bounced back and was told the address would not accept. Either way, I dont have the desire to own anythng they sell, so this impacts my buying decisions none

Back
Top Bottom