• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remington UMC 9mm Range Bucket

Just wondering if anyone uses this.
I knew Remington sold .22 in a bucket, but I just discovered they do other calibers as well.
I had an opportunity to buy a bucket of 350 rounds of UMC 9mm for just over $50.
Compared to what retailers are charging for it, that seems like a good price.
But, I don't know how the quality is.
If you're familiar with it, do you think it's worth it?

Thanks,
Barry

I got one once, worked fine for me. I'd say plus or minus 17-20 cents a round (I can get brass cased 9mm for .17 cents per round normally) is a fine deal.

Fine for the range. Not for CCW...

14 cents/round is not bad.

14c is pretty good. TSUSA has brass-cased for about 17c. Win steel-cased for 15c.

I'd say Remington has a need to be of decent quality to keep up with the name. Sounds like a deal.

As far as range food goes it's almost a better buy than reloading my own 9mm . As long as the shipping and haz mat fee aren't off the charts.
If your online vendor is charging you haz mat for loaded ammo, I'd suggest finding a new vendor, as you're getting scammed...

I bought a case of Remington UMC 9MM awhile back from Target Sports. Don’t know if it is the exact same stuff that comes with the bucket deal, but I have been happy with it. Cycles fine in my Glocks and AR’s. It was one of those rebate deals, easy for me to remember because every time I open up my closet there are all these boxes of 9mm with the ends (UPC codes) ripped off of them.

I recall the good old days (20 or so years ago) when, using my own brass, I could reload for about 2.75/box. That's 6c a round. I think primers were $12/K, Powder was $12/lb (and more than a K of rounds per pound), and you could get Ranier's delivered for about 4c a piece in bulk. Back then, I was KILLING to try and shave a penny. A PENNY! Stupid stupid stupid. LOL

Today, with the hassle we went through on components a few years ago and my desire NOT to spend 3-4 hours loading ammo, I sold it all, lock stock & bbl and just buy bulk ammo.

forgot to ask, what does it cost to reload 9mm say 115gr fmj-trying to decide if we want to make the investment for just 9mm/.38 and .357.

Back
Top Bottom