Rifle advice

Their is a AK-74 and some AK-47's in the classifieds well below your price range. Take a look. I kind of like the AK-74 myself. If you can bump up your price range to $1200 go for the AR, otherwise stick to ak.

At least "Assault Rifle" has background as a term, although typically it implies that the gun in question is select fire and not merely semiautomatic. Media usually uses "Assault Weapon" which is full blown anti speak bullshit fake made up shit. That's the one that really needs to die.

Then again, whenever I hear "assault weapon" I think of this guy... [rofl]

-Mike

-Mike

[laugh2] Haha, I remember that. It happened in Milford and that vid was taken by one of our very own NES'rs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUO TE=mousegunfan;3968490]Their is a AK-74 and some AK-47's in the classifieds well below your price range. Take a look. I kind of like the AK-74 myself. If you can bump up your price range to $1200 go for the AR, otherwise stick to ak.[/QUOTE]

Dude you on crack.

I built my piston ar15 for between 6-700$ .

AR, because "battle accurate" (AK) is pretty boring

I will say, if you looking for home defense, unless you own a large piece of land a shotgun would be a better option

I will say, if you looking for home defense, unless you own a large piece of land a shotgun would be a better option

False-dwight.gif

You have an AR or AK as a primary home defense weapon?

I keep an AR with 30 rounds of 55gr hornady tap for home defence, has an aimpoint and a light. Ms. Whatluck handles that much nicer than even the autoloading 20guage, plus with TAP you don't have to worry about over penetration as much.

Why not .

In my small house I find an AR or AK nor practical. Even if just from a noise / muzzle flash stand point. The likely hood of needing 30 rounds in a defensive situation inside my house is statistically extremely unlikely and a 12GA offers superior firepower for the 9 rounds is carries.

- - - Updated - - -

An AR, you betcha.

- - - Updated - - -

1396667563_zps3cc74743.jpg

Handguns are for girls [wink] if I was a free man a suppressed .300blk SBR ( or pistol in your case ) would be my 1st choice

Last edited:
In my small house I find an AR or AK nor practical. Even if just from a noise / muzzle flash stand point. The likely hood of needing 30 rounds in a defensive situation inside my house is statistically extremely unlikely and a 12GA offers superior firepower for the 9 rounds is carries.

- - - Updated - - -

Handguns are for girls [wink]

The 20+ rounds you don't shoot the bad guy with you shoot in the air for fun after .

+1 for an AK.

The difference in accuracy only matters outside of 100 yards. You'll face no such situation in a lawful engagement. Maybe in a SHTF situation, but even then you'd have to quite the marksman to make your shots on man sized moving targets at that range.

Get an AK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Handguns are for girls [wink] if I was a free man a suppressed .300blk SBR ( or pistol in your case ) would be my 1st choice

If my internetting is worth anything, the noise coming out of a shot gun and a rifle will be close enough to the same, and both well beyond the damage limit, that I wouldn't worry much about it. Also, I don't think you can put a flash hider (reducer) on a shotgun. Here something someone wrote and posted on the internet about it...

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?id=2052

As far as "needing" 30 rounds, I will take whatever advantages I can give myself for whatever home defense scenario I am jerking off too on any given day.

Then there is the over penetration issue that the AR15 in 5.56/.223 also wins, IMHO, based on what the internets tells me. Add a red dot that you can leave on for a few years at a time, and there is little to think about if you ever need to grab the gun to defend yourself.

That is my logic anyways, built solidly from the internets.

Last edited:
Oh, and add that a 16" AR15 will likely be shorter and easier the maneuver, as well as recoil far less, then an 18" shotgun in tight quarters, never mind the shorty I posted.

If my internetting is worth anything, the noise coming out of a shot gun and a rifle will be close enough to the same, and both well beyond the damage limit, that I wouldn't worry much about it. Also, I don't think you can put a flash hider (reducer) on a shotgun. Here something someone wrote and posted on the internet about it...

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?id=2052

As far as "needing" 30 rounds, I will take whatever advantages I can give myself for whatever home defense scenario I am jerking off too on any given day.

Then there is the over penetration issue that the AR15 in 5.56/.223 also wins, IMHO, based on what the internets tells me. Add a red dot that you can leave on for a few years at a time, and there is little to think about if you ever need to grab the gun to defend yourself.

That is my logic anyways, built solidly from the internets.

I have shot both my AR and my shotgun in very similar sized situations as my house and the muzzle flash and shock wave from the AR was substantially worse. Add the fact that in mass your likely to have a compensator muzzle device that will make things even worse

Last edited:
I have shot both my AR and my shotgun in very similar sized situations as my house and the muzzle flash and shock wave from the AR was substantially worse. Add the fact that in mass your likely to have a compensator muzzle device that will make things even worse

I too have shot both a shotgun (18" Mossberg) and a short rifle (MK18, not unalike what I posted) in close quarters, and they both sucked. I wouldn't rate one as more preferable to the other, until you start factoring in all of the other benefits and drawbacks they have.

Not trying to sound like a NH douchebag, but I don't live in MA, selecting a "legal" muzzle device is of no concern to me. If someone did live in MA, and cared enough to want to comply with the AWB, I know for a fact that the BCM comp is not much worst then an A2 flash hider as far as concussion goes.

Back
Top Bottom