Rimfire Rifle Match, April 7th, 2013, UPDATE

RI Rifle Match

Please pardon my ignorance, but why does the RI rifle match thread keep disappearing?

Go to the "Rifle Competion" forum....the page with the list. At the bottom there is boxes on how far back the thread display goes. Click on 2 months or so, then the "show threads" or whatever it is. You then get a long list of threads.
Everytime you start a new thread on the same subject it adds to the confusion.

As I said before please excuse my ignorance. This is the first time I have ever experienced this problem.

Who cares It's something to shoot. They got to be bigger than the bullet.

Dave[/QUOTE

You might wonder about that statement when you look at these targets at 30 yds. No matter what size the targets, it will be fun. Thanks to Dan S for showing me the error of my ways. I had no idea you had to set the time span that controlled the thread displays. Never had one disappear on me before.

Who cares It's something to shoot. They got to be bigger than the bullet.

Dave[/QUOTE

You might wonder about that statement when you look at these targets at 30 yds. No matter what size the targets, it will be fun. Thanks to Dan S for showing me the error of my ways. I had no idea you had to set the time span that controlled the thread displays. Never had one disappear on me before.

Considering the price and availability of 22lr we might need to take out a loan for ammo

Dave

Bradford Sportmens Club
22 LONG RIFLE SHOOT
100 Steel Targets / Min of 300 Rounds
Best 2 out of 3 runs
Need (2 or more) – 25 Round Mags.
Targets 10 yds to 30 yds
Sunday 9:00 AM / April 7th, 2013
$20.00 Entry Fee

This is 100 targets per stage? Whoa. For high-cap mags, I only have a couple of old Eagle 30 rounders for my 10/22- are they allowed or do I just download them to 25 rounds?

I have a BUNCH of 10 round mags plus a Shooter's Ridge mag loader. Wonder which i can do faster - swap mags 5 times or reload two 30 round mags. I'm guessing swap mags...

Hmmm April Might need a wool kilt!

Which brings up my next questions... is this shot standing? Prone? Seated? If it's standing, I may join you in shooting it kilted.
ecosse07o.gif

Urk. Just checked the location. Two hours from home. Gah.

Last edited:
To my knowledge, it's going to be 5 stages of 20 targets, shot 3 times each. There will be a maximum time. 25 rounds will give you 5 "Oh Crap" shots.

So, for the most effective mag use, a 25+ round magazine is recommended.

Are the three runs per stage consecutive or will there be time to reload?

So, for the most effective mag use, a 25+ round magazine is recommended.

Are the three runs per stage consecutive or will there be time to reload?
Yes the 25 round mag is the best idea. I think the 25 round number comes from what is the most common mag size.
I would think that you can relaod.

To my knowledge, it's going to be 5 stages of 20 targets, shot 3 times each. There will be a maximum time. 25 rounds will give you 5 "Oh Crap" shots.

Cool, thanks!

I'd give you a rep point but the rep point icon seems to be missing. Hmm. Must be a DHS plot.

Anyone have some big mags that will run in a nordic upper? Supposed to be the same mags as Atchisson, Ciener, CMMG, Model 1 Sales, Spikes Tactical, Tactical Solutions, or Target Master.

Back
Top Bottom