Roller lock question.

I'm going to ask a simple question and I'm looking for intelligent people with good answers.
It it very hard to get quality answers on this forum. Most of it is just bickering, stupid comments because of lack of reading comprehension, accusations based on MA fears and stupid quips from the financially elite.

ANYWAY....

I have a MP5 clone. I switched out the trigger housing (which I have done with other HK clone firearms I have) but this one, when the selector switch moves past semi, the hammer will ride the bolt. In my others the trigger pack(s), any position past semiauto, the trigger pack just functions as semiauto.
I want to know if this will cause a "dangerous condition". I'm not 100% on roller lock actions. I don't know if this will make it fire out of battery.
Trying to avoid a problem.

OH and disclaimer since it will be repeated for about 12 pages if I don't say this. NO I'm not trying to create a full auto MP5.

RC

You say you "switched it out". Do you mean you switched it into a gun where one is working properly, and put that one into THIS gun?

If you have multiples of the same gun, just keep swapping until you find the faulty part.

But what the f*** do I know?

Last edited:
No I merely replace the plastic outer housing with a new one I bought.
This housing allows the selector to move past the regular semi setting. This isn't a problem with my other trigger packs, but this one seems to work differently.
Its not working like a full auto trigger pack where the hammer is released at the correct time.
Most firearms, when there is a chance when someone could make the gun do this on purpose, the bolt group is designed where a jam will occur thus stopping an out of battery condition.

RC

Im pretty sure thats a feature of certain lowers.

Like the ones you buy on hkparts that were once full auto and they just replaced the trigger group with semi auto guts

It it very hard to get quality answers on this forum. Most of it is just bickering, stupid comments because of lack of reading comprehension, accusations based on MA fears and stupid quips from the financially elite.
I'm a new forum member myself, I found this board to be highly useful for buying/selling, NE specific stuff and general firearms discussion... not technical questions about a specific firearm. You may have better chances of getting a faster answer and type of answer you are looking for on a HK (or even whatever HK clone you have) specific forum, and many of those forums have a gunsmithing or troubleshooting subsection.

It's hard to get quality answers about an uber specific technical problem because 9.9/10 users here are not on this forum because of a mutual interest in a particular firearm model.

HK CLONE TALK --- this seems like an active site that may be helpful for you

Was the trigger pack, and housing from a full auto kit? If so was it cut, and modified for semi only?

I'm going to ask a simple question and I'm looking for intelligent people with good answers.
This is the sure fire way to get quality answers on the board. Nothing like insults and crappy description of the problem along with lack of details and no pics

This is the sure fire way to get quality answers on the board. Nothing like insults and crappy description of the problem along with lack of details and no pics
took the words out of my mouth.

this poster has been here long enough to know the drill...ask your question and don't preface it with "you guys are morons". sit back, relax, grab a beverage, and wade through several pages of shit to find the hidden gem of an answer you seek. easy!

and i'll say it...i don't cotton to being insulted by half members...cough up the 23 bucks and go green. then you can play with the big boys.

took the words out of my mouth.

this poster has been here long enough to know the drill...ask your question and don't preface it with "you guys are morons". sit back, relax, grab a beverage, and wade through several pages of shit to find the hidden gem of an answer you seek. easy!

and i'll say it...i don't cotton to being insulted by half members...cough up the 23 bucks and go green. then you can play with the big boys.

Most morons don’t realize they are morons so most people won’t be offended. The rare self aware moron may take issue with his post.

ANYWAY....

I have a MP5 clone. I switched out the trigger housing (which I have done with other HK clone firearms I have) but this one, when the selector switch moves past semi, the hammer will ride the bolt. In my others the trigger pack(s), any position past semiauto, the trigger pack just functions as semiauto.
I want to know if this will cause a "dangerous condition". I'm not 100% on roller lock actions. I don't know if this will make it fire out of battery.
Trying to avoid a problem.

OH and disclaimer since it will be repeated for about 12 pages if I don't say this. NO I'm not trying to create a full auto MP5.

RC

Paging @Gasgunner . I think he's pretty sharp regarding MP5 clones.

A little disappointed with your second sentence. Yes, there's a lot of nonsense on the forum but it is mostly in fun and not mean-spirited as you will see on many public forums. The heart of NES is actually a community of enthusiasts who help each other out and/or enjoy shooting or hanging out together. Yes, you will get some nonsense answers but I don't think it is hard at all to get helpful, quality answers.

The preface is justified. I have had my, as well as seeing many other posts that go off on tangents with actual insult and repeated postings that proved that the repliers never actually read the whole original post, but never any helpful answers.
This thread is doing well.

I have 3 clones.
Century C93, POF reverse stretch, and the Century AP5.
The C96 operates in semi auto no matter where you place the selector (minus safe) the AP5 is internally blocked so it never moves past the semi position.
The POF is the one that rides the bolt once it's moved past the semi position.

I'm not interested in making it full auto, that can be done another way very easily. I was worried this thing will detonate if it was moved past semi and the hammer rode the bolt and fired before the bolt was closed and locked.

I have read that trigger packs that were originally full auto but were later changed to semi auto will do this.

MGnoob NO they not clipped and pinned, they are full drop down lowers. Except for the C93.

RC

Back
Top Bottom