Rouge Powder Question..

Or more of a survey of sorts.

What do you guys do to clean up the powder that you find around the press and the bench after you've loaded a what you're loading up?

I pretty much just sweap it off onto the floor as it's not usually that much with a small paint brush. My buddy at work does the same thing and the picks it up with the shop vac.

If I dump a case or something, then I just pretty much just clean it up and put it back in the hopper if there's no other debris mixed in the powder.

I haven't yet (crossing fingers) dumped my hopper or a container... So I'm not sure what I would do. I'm guessing put it back if it's still clean powder. I don't really worry too much as the Mounted Cowboy folks mix their powder with walnut shells so they can pop the ballons. So I'm thinking it wouldn't be that bad to put it back into the container/hopper.

What have you all done??

Same thing with the paint brush. Most of the time, there is crap on the bench, so if I dump a case, I will sweep it into my hand, and then just toss into the trash. Most of the stuff just ends up on the floor, and is shop vac'd up.

I'll bite - what in heck is "Rouge powder?" I'm assuming you DON'T mean the wife's make-up.

IF I dumped a significant quantity on a clean surface, I'd use a sheet of paper to scrape it up and dump it back in the hopper. It is not usually an issue.

As for the usual accumulation one gets on the bench after an extended session, I just use a dustpan and wisk to clean off the table and dump it per usual.

If the powder is stale, contaminated or just too small a quantity to do a box of cartridges with, I sprinkle it in the back yard. Not enough concentration to be a danger and the nitrogen is good for the lawn.

"ROGUE" powder?

What, it broke free and started an insurrection?

Yea, it got away from the rest of the powder in my hopper, and it's trying to start a coop to ignite around the bench under my 550.

Those dirty sneaky little flakes of powder!

Probably one of those imported propellants. [wink]

Yea, I'm using the imported version of my WST.

What I have is Der Vincester Superziel. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom