• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger charger 22 pistol SBR

After a fair amount of digging I have some questions.

In Mass, an AR lower can't be remade into a pistol because a rifle cannot become a pistol, but a pistol can become a rifle. A Ruger charger is classified as a pistol but is essentially just a 10/22 with a 10" barrel. Keeping it out of the realm of the NFA/SBR world.

According to the ATF, a pistol may be equipped with a stabilizer arm brace and that brace can now (*recent) be used to fire braced from the shoulder.

According to the Mass AWB, 22s are excluded from the AWB.

By that logic, what are the legal repercussions of a person fitting a Ruger charger with a replacement bull barrel of same length as time of manufacture, an aftermarket stock that has an arm brace attachment and foregrip and an arm brace? Is the NFA involved if it's just a pistol?

Asking for a friend.

That was easy. Mass won't allow sales of Ruger Charger pistol. Oh well.
Worry about that later. There are legal ways to get one in state as that only applies to dealers.

Sadly, I cannot help with your AWB question

Yeah, if you search i'm sure you'll find what your looking for perusing or searching the numerous boards all legal & such.
Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom