Ruger LC Carbine in 5.7 x 28

🥱

Google Color 2.jpg 22 caliber in mm
5.6 mm caliber
22 caliber, or 5.6 mm caliber, refers to a common firearms bore diameter of 0.22 inch (5.6 mm).

Last edited:
Looks like they basically used the grip and FCG out of a 5.7 pistol, including the pistol safety, inertia safety on the trigger and ridiculously small (for a rifle) bolt hold open tab. Some other weird design choices too. Fluted barrel?

Look like it would be a lot of fun though. But I suppose I look at most guns and say that.

Today Ruger has released the LC Carbine in 5.7x28. If they make a short barreled pistol version I'd consider grabbing one and SBR'ing it for a fun toy, it feels wrong with a 16 inch barrel.

The side charger limits the amount of SBR'ing you'd be able to do with this platform, but I'd bet you could still do a P90-like 10" job.

1.jpg

If they sold this as a kit for a glock, then I'd like it.

Quoting myself--I know...but it sparked a thought. Ruger F'd up. What they should have done is offer a rifle upper that slots on the existing 5.7 pistol lower, considering it is basically that already. Something like this:

Different from a standard bolt on kit because this actually tosses the pistol upper and attaches via frame rails.

It would also be kinda cool as a subgun. I know, we're in MA and it's post-86, so we can't have it until the NFA goes away...I think I'm just really not the audience for this one.

Props to Ruger for trying something different though. It's not another Glock-clone or AR.

The side charger limits the amount of SBR'ing you'd be able to do with this platform, but I'd bet you could still do a P90-like 10" job.

View attachment 655871
Until I read what you wrote above I was confused where the magazine went! Its literally their pistol with stuff added and extended lol. Probably not actually for me.

Looks like they basically used the grip and FCG out of a 5.7 pistol, including the pistol safety, inertia safety on the trigger and ridiculously small (for a rifle) bolt hold open tab. Some other weird design choices too. Fluted barrel?

Look like it would be a lot of fun though. But I suppose I look at most guns and say that.
It's what the cmr does lol

Buck a round though for 556 light

And ammo that is approaching $1 per round?? Makes perfect sense…..🤡
69 cents and dropping at TS. Not sure why the price is always brought up. Lots of people shoot 357, 44 mag, 308, 30-06, 30-30, 30 carbine etc.... None of it is cheap. So its not a high powered round, what does it matter when its all fun and most of us are just shooting at steel and paper anyway? Never uderstood the weird flex people have shitting on the 57.

69 cents and dropping at TS. Not sure why the price is always brought up. Lots of people shoot 357, 44 mag, 308, 30-06, 30-30, 30 carbine etc.... None of it is cheap. So its not a high powered round, what does it matter when its all fun and most of us are just shooting at steel and paper anyway? Never uderstood the weird flex people have shitting on the 57.
My bad. I thought it was $1+ round.
It’s a definitely a cool caliber. I think I’m just biased because I shoot and reload all of those calibers you mentioned (except for 308) and costs less than 69 cents 😂
And it stinks that you basically can’t reload 5.7. I mean you can but it is extremely difficult because of that special sealant/lube they use on the cases.

My buddy has a FN 5.7 and PS90 and the 0 recoil and super zippy bullets are fun to shoot.

My bad. I thought it was $1+ round.
It’s a definitely a cool caliber. I think I’m just biased because I shoot and reload all of those calibers you mentioned (except for 308) and costs less than 69 cents 😂
And it stinks that you basically can’t reload 5.7. I mean you can but it is extremely difficult because of that special sealant/lube they use on the cases.

My buddy has a FN 5.7 and PS90 and the 0 recoil and super zippy bullets are fun to shoot.
I didn't mean to come off aggressive. Im just saying i saw people in the hundred of thousands of not millions buying up boxes of 9mm for $40 two years ago. In hindsight 57 is a deal lol

Interesting. In the last few years, 5.7 went from two models (not counting variants of the same) two 4 models.

I wonder what the ballistics out of 16” do? I’ve shot my friends a few times, and basically no recoil, but with non AP rounds, it’s kinda blah....unless we’re talking 50 round mags full auto, AP rounds!! That gets my interest!!

So they put effort into a 5.7x28 rifle and still don't offer the pcc in 45acp?

What the f***?!?!?
5.7x28 is also much harder to find than .45 ACP and very expensive when you do find it. Outside of the Secret Service, few LE agencies use it. Most LE agencies select a SBR in 5.56mm for an entry gun or patrol rifle.

5.7x28 is also much harder to find than .45 ACP and very expensive when you do find it. Outside of the Secret Service, few LE agencies use it. Most LE agencies select a SBR in 5.56mm for an entry gun or patrol rifle.
I just want one in 45acp that takes 1911 mags I'm not worried about what le uses lol

I would pay the extra grand and go with a PS90 over this any day, the Ruger has the same huge problem for us MA people that your stuck with ten round mags and no prebans exist, and, well, its kinda fugly.

I've already got a tax stamp'd chopped down PS90, and if I wanted to drop a grand on another range toy I'd hunt down a Kel-Tec P50 with its 9.6″ barrel.

Or if I was looking to SBR a fugly-looking magazine-in-grip 5.7 then I'd just go with Masterpiece Arms and add a rail backplate.

Takes Five-seveN magazines, but the 5" barrel doesn't really do justice to the ballistic potential of the round. A better options would be the DBX57 with its 8" barrel, or if you're made of money, the CMMG Banshee MK57 long pistol.

Back
Top Bottom