Ruger Mark IV

The Mark IV 22/45 is available now. http://www.ruger.com/products/markIV...ets/43909.html It's not Mass approved yet.

the Mk4 looks nice. once they release the 22/45 version i will be in the market. my only concern at this time is whether the upper-lower lockup stays snug over time. also it's sort of easy to inadvertently hit the unlock button on the rear of the pistol. not sure if this could be issue while firing. both will have to see.

- - - Updated - - -

agreed. the Mk3 in native form is simply unacceptable. the mags do not drop free. the LCI is retarded, etc. The tandemkross kit to replace both the mag disconnect and LCI really turns it into a much more enjoyable range gun. such upgrades really shouldn't be necessary, but at least they're relatively easy to install and well machine parts.

just got a ruger mk iv from Carl, great guy, at 4S, the other day. I love to shoot it and I love to clean it, compared to past permutations of the mk series. it was a tad expensive, but worth it, as is my time. DSC03118.jpg DSC03117.jpg I have over 300 rounds through it right now and all is well, and even more than my other guns is more accurate than me! Happy New Year!

$529. Add $60 for grips.I paid $538. This is steep for
4s but that's typical for such a new item. Apparently
Distributors are jacking up the price.

I would like to see the competition version. I may buy one. I love my MKIII competition but something new wouldn't hurt. I don't have any problem taking it apart for cleaning I just want a new gun. i know they are basically the same but I dont like the fluted barrel on the Hunter version, I like the slab sides.

Scored my MKlV today. 5.5inch target in black. Feels solid. Take down is now ,embarrassingly easy. Can't wait to get it to the range. Target grips really fill my medium sized hands. Looking for a good red dot scope to finish it up.

Anyone who uses their Mk3 even a little bit should know how easy it is to disable the mag safety with a simple bushing.

The added benefit is that the mags slide right out of the magwell when the mag release is pressed and are easier to insert.

Don

Anyone except the people at Ruger.

my point was it's a flawed design, not that it can't be fixed.

seeing as the gun needs takedown approx every 10k rounds, wisest move now is to pickup a mk3 for cheap and put the $ into accessories or ammo.

This seems to be a rare example of 4S being more expensive than the competition. Other MA gun shops have been advertising for less.

that's true, and I don't get it. Carl was even virtually apologetic over the price. He's been very generous over the years, and has even occasionally given me the special price after a sale was over (as I wasn't paying attention)

that's true, and I don't get it. Carl was even virtually apologetic over the price. He's been very generous over the years, and has even occasionally given me the special price after a sale was over (as I wasn't paying attention)

Just picked one up at AC Arms in Mendon for $430. I was practically giggling on my way out the door.[grin]

I called Hunter's TP yesterday, as I saw they had a MK IV in on their site. They only had the one. I will wait until there is more of a selection. Good to see they are starting to show up in the state.

Back
Top Bottom