• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger quietly releases COVID-19 9mm PC Charger

Shoot, if that was out first I wouldn’t hesitate one bit but my AR9 build is just peachy now.

Sort of reminds of of an sbr m1 carbine paratrooper stock I saw a photo of
attachment.php

I think that's gonna be an "unavailable" in CT. Pistol with magazine well forward of grip and weight is going to define that as an "assault pistol".

Now - do I want one in Georgia? Hmmmmmmm. I don't know. It's awfully "neat" looking - but not sure what I'd use it for. I've got an AR9 down here, and plenty of pistols, including AR pistols.

And the devil on the shoulder keeps going "that's really neat looking"...

Interesting. Does this mean that we'll see SBR kits down the pipe for current owners? Get the tax stamp and then transfer the action into this furniture and attach the short barrel? Would still have to sacrifice the folding stock in MA, but with the take down, it is compact enough.

Interesting. Does this mean that we'll see SBR kits down the pipe for current owners? Get the tax stamp and then transfer the action into this furniture and attach the short barrel? Would still have to sacrifice the folding stock in MA, but with the take down, it is compact enough.

The barrel is already 6.5 inches which I kind of like. It a good compromise of the standard 4 and 8 inch barrels you see on a lot of 9mm SBRs. If I were to SBR a Charger 9mm I would just add a stock that uses the little picatinny rail attachment. There are a few out there, Sig makes one for the MPX.

The barrel is already 6.5 inches which I kind of like. It a good compromise of the standard 4 and 8 inch barrels you see on a lot of 9mm SBRs. If I were to SBR a Charger 9mm I would just add a stock that uses the little picatinny rail attachment. There are a few out there, Sig makes one for the MPX.

No, I didn't mean SBR this thing. I meant can one take a regular Rugar PCC and SBR it by transforming it into this thing via action transplant into this furniture. The barrel, being take down, would then be the easy part.

No, I didn't mean SBR this thing. I meant can one take a regular Rugar PCC and SBR it by transforming it into this thing via action transplant into this furniture. The barrel, being take down, would then be the easy part.

Got ya, that makes a lot more sense lol. Somebody will do it if Ruger doesn’t. The Charger 22 has a good selection of aftermarket sellers, I bet this will too.

Got ya, that makes a lot more sense lol. Somebody will do it if Ruger doesn’t. The Charger 22 has a good selection of aftermarket sellers, I bet this will too.

That was probably my fault. Sometimes things make far more sense inside my head than they do in writing.

Change the magazine, it looks horrible. All things being equal I would rather go with an AR9

I’ve been vocal about my hate for Glock mag lowers, I resisted anything but colt mag lowers. I now own a CMMG Banshee in 9mm and 10mm and I’m adapting. I don’t love the look but it’s an option and I guess I’m a convert.

Looks f***ing radical and I’m glad it’s in 9mm and not .22 LR. If they add this, The Judge, and the Ruger 5.7 on the roster I’ll be a happy camper.

Looks f***ing radical and I’m glad it’s in 9mm and not .22 LR. If they add this, The Judge, and the Ruger 5.7 on the roster I’ll be a happy camper.

Those are never going to be on the roster so don't get your hopes up. Better yet just stop looking at the roster.

-Mike

This is just a Ruger pcc with a short barrel and pistol grip right?

It looks that way. But I can tolerate a lighter grip on a pistol. I don’t like synthetic stocks on long guns. The carbine is way too light in the stock, didn’t shoulder right to me. I need solid wood for my long guns, much as I try to like something newer, I can’t warm up to them.

Back
Top Bottom