S&W plant will be closed first two weeks in August

Anyone who sent a gun in for service can expect a 2 week delay while the S&W plant workers go on vacation.

I wish I had known that before I dropped my 1911 off for service two days ago. [angry] It would be nice if the guards could inform customers about this shutdown.

Last edited:
Probably easier to just have the entire plant close so they can do whatever maintenance is needed on the equipment without disrupting everyone.

Yea, this happens in a lot of industries.

It was a pretty cool perk when I was on the GM account. They did two shutdowns a year for plant maintance and what not...

So, not only did we get our vacation, we got two, two week paid vaca's as well.

thats good to know.

I was going to be heading down there sometime in August to drop off my S&W 639 to have it serviced. Getting some miss fires due to light primer strikes on it.

I guess I will plan to drop it off prior to or after they reopen.

thanks,
Rob

Well, look at it this way...your gun will be serviced by well rested employees with recently maintained/updted equipment. Considder yourself lucky! And of course use this as an excuse to buy a new gun to have while your 1911 is being serviced.

i have a couple of friends that work there and smith and wesson usually shuts down for 2 weeks in the summer.....sometimes the last week of july and 1st week of aug....sometimes 1st 2 weeks in aug.

Back
Top Bottom