sbr question. 922/ mass

seanc

NES Member
I know this is probably a stupid question.. But, I am going to ask it anyway, as I have not looked into it in a long time and forgot the answer..

Let's say I have a post ban Ar receiver. Right now, in mass, I could only build it up into a post ban config. no bayo, flash or tele stock.

If I were to sbr it, is it then exempt from these, could I build it into a preban config, or does the ma awb still apply?

Unfortunately I believe that the AWB still applies. There have been some arguments over the wording in the law and how it does or does not apply to SBR's or AOW's.

All I really know for sure is that they were NOT exempt during the federal AWB.

Unfortunately I believe that the AWB still applies. There have been some arguments over the wording in the law and how it does or does not apply to SBR's or AOW's.

All I really know for sure is that they were NOT exempt during the federal AWB.

During the Federal ban we had a law enforcement agency charged with interpreting and enforcing the ban. Now that its some screwed up, poorly written state statute with no similar agency interpreting and enforcing the law, its a crap shoot.

Also, during the Federal ban, AOWs where not effected. There are very few AOWs that could be effected, but the pistol-like weapon with 2 pistol grips that everyone cared about did not meet the definition of a "pistol", and the assault pistol crap did not apply.

--EasyD

Back
Top Bottom