• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

scope, sight, peep, or what for airgun?

I have a decent pellet gun with a cheapo scope on it. I think the iron sights are probably better.

That said, is there a decent peep sight or even the new optical sights which works well on an airgun? Don't want to get too fancy (price) here, but want basic functionality out to maybe 50 or even 75 feet.

I saw one in American Rifleman, which has fiber/tritium and no batteries, and this sounded interesting and I think the price wasn't awful. Anyone know of these?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Tru-Glo makes their TFO sights which are tritium/fiber optic. They're around $100/pair for the pistol sights. I don't know if this is what you saw or not.

A cheap red dot from Wal-Mart may be good too.

I used an $8 Daisy red dot sight on mine. It works fine for me. I couldn't see spending a lot of money for an airgun sight.

Yeah, I just tripped across these myself. I'm quite surprised (well, maybe not) that there is nothing between $8 and around $70, and then another huge jump up to near $400!

Wal mart ahs red dots for <$40

Yeah, but is the dot smaller than the target? I don't want something crazy expensive, but I do want something for in close yet the sight won't cover a can, chipmunk ;-) , or bullseye.

Thanks everyone so far.

P.S. What was the model on this one?

Last edited:
Anybody have directions for adjusting that Daisy sight? I bought one for someone, but they said there are 4 screws on there, and they cranked them all in both directions, and it doesn't even hit the paper.[rolleyes]

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom