Scumbag Factor at Gun Shows

As if these people didn't have a right sell what they sell. Nobody is saying that what they represent is ethical or "right" but it just seamed to me that there are some here who would try to silence them if they could.
It's called "freedom". They are free to sell that crap, and I'm free to ignore it and think that that those who buy it are saying something about their beliefs.
I’m glad people who believe in that stuff go around wearing symbols of it. It helps me identify them.
Oh, good point. Not to mention that it can give you a good aiming point, especially if they wear it over their heart.[devil]

I can see selling actual nazi collectables from the 40's era, but not reproduced stuff. Very interesting historically but worthless in imitation imo. That said it doesnt' really have anything to do with a gun show.

I've never been to a gun show in my life, mostly because it would sicken me to patronize any place that sells nazi or kkk crap. That, and I like to maintain my bubble that all gun owners are interesting, polite, clean, considerate people, so I don't want to follow fat rambo around and get grumped at by dealers.

Back a few years attended some specialized classes and seminars presented on hate groups and anti-government extremists. There was interesting information presented at one seminar I attended that had to do with such groups doing things that would be more for recruiting, even though it was not called a recruiting table, and strategy purposes more than for making money so wonder if possible that may be the case with the presence of representatives of these groups at gun shows. Maybe not there because they are making a lot of money, but rather as a means to reach out to another group in hopes of finding like minded people to recruit and also serve another one of their interests / needs, specifically strategy to present the false impression that they have a larger following.

Stosh, do they really still need to do that what with internet access being so ubiquitous nowadays? I mean, they can just get ww.w.ihatejews.org or something like that and wait for google and yahoo to bring in the mouthbreathers.

Ross

Yes, agree with you, reaching out to potential recruits and making connections via the internet will definitely work for many potential recruits. However, believe their phyiscal presence at a show effectively reaches another demographic / type of person for them.

Last edited:
I guess it would; the personal touch.
ohlord.gif

Hey! Here's a symbol of losers, care of Mother Russia (who we decimated in the Cold War --thanks Ronny!) to the rest of the world -- taken down by Germans, none the less!

I have another picture for you. My grandfather in May 1945 at Reichstag. You really wanna see it?

Bimbos in bikinis at ski shows? I don't think so.
Huge inventory (!) and most friendly family folks, kids with common HEALTHY lifestyles. This is what I'm talking about.
I want to see lot's of NEW guns, brand new, not used, form all over the world.

Last edited:
The thread is developing quickly towards the point. The next question that will have an incredibly interesting answer is - so why then do the kkk trinket and reproduction nazi item sales people show up at gun shows rather than ski shows ?

I was at the grocery store, and the guy in front of me, who was having a hard time trying to get the money in the slot at the automated checkout lane, smelled SO BAD that I had to take three big steps back so I could breathe. [puke2]

Bimbos in bikinis at ski shows? I don't think so.
Huge inventory (!) and most friendly family folks, kids with common HEALTHY lifestyles. This is what I'm talking about.
I want to see lot's of NEW guns, brand new, not used, form all over the world.
You need to get to the Shot Show :)

How did I miss commenting in a thread that is 139 posts long?

If I can bring myself to actually spend money on one, it might be doable. Anyone got a Nazi marked K98 I could use to shoot at it?

Yes, but it seems that using your M1 would be more appropriate.

As far a Nazi stuff goes:

I have quite a few pieces (guns/memorabilia) from WW2 era, including Nazi marked stuff, Jap stuff, Russian stuff, etc. It ALL killed Americans, no matter where it came from. Why is there no outrage when someone sells a Jap rifle ?

To me it's all interesting. It's history. Keeping this stuff available could actually be good from a socio/political angle. Someone said...Those who forget history are domed to repeat it?

My Dad is a D-Day vet, fought his way into France, was shot, stabbed, captured and beaten by Germans. After 7 weeks he was shot up close and ugly by a German, then left for dead. Only by luck was his head wound not fatal. He spent 10-11 months in hospitals getting reconstructed. If any one should have an issue with Nazi's, he should. But he doesn't. It was war, he says. They did what they did and we did what we did.

He brought home some souvenirs from France and has added to his collection over the years. I hope to inherit it all some day, including the like new P38 he has.

If he has no problems with Nazi marked stuff, I guess I don't either.

O yes. This is what I'm talking about. Let's bring it to Boston. [grin]

[rofl][laugh2][rofl2]

Oh, sure... let's see how many industry bigwigs we can get arrested for illegal possession of firearms in this armpit. [rolleyes]

Can you just picture the billboard on the Mass Pike? Rosenthal would have a hairy conniption fit!

How did I miss commenting in a thread that is 139 posts long?

Yes, but it seems that using your M1 would be more appropriate.

As far a Nazi stuff goes:

I have quite a few pieces (guns/memorabilia) from WW2 era, including Nazi marked stuff, Jap stuff, Russian stuff, etc. It ALL killed Americans, no matter where it came from. Why is there no outrage when someone sells a Jap rifle ?

You just compare "how many WW2 era stuff killed civilians".
I bet it will be "Made by Fascists".

You just compare "how many WW2 era stuff killed civilians".
I bet it will be "Made by Fascists".

You might want to ask the Chinese and the Phillipinos how much Fascist made stuff killed their civilians.

I wonder how many of the Mosins we all covet were used in the slaughter of millions of Russians.

United States TOTAL loss 0.32% from population, this is the main reason why some still asking "Why is there no outrage when someone sells a Jap rifle?".

This is turning into a circle jerk!
Point being was about a gripe about people selling Nazi stuff at gun shows. Now I can see some people's points when it comes to certain items being displayed, but if every nationality including Native Americans had the same gripes, we'd have people wanting everything kept under the table.
Fact is we live in America, land of the free. If people want to walk down the street with signs supporting Hitler, Malcom X, Mussolini, Hirohito, and Hillary Clinton, we have to respect their right to do so even if they're selling t-shirts and bumper stickers to boot.
Look at how many antis would love to yank our guns from our hands and burn them in front of our crying eyes just because they don't agree with what we do whether it be target shooting, hunting, or collecting.
If some guy wants to rent a spot at a gun and militaria show and put Nazi stuff on the table and some guy wants to stand a few tables over smelling like he hasn't showered in 10 days, I say F'em! I move on to the next table and see if there are any good deals for me but at the same time knowing its just a part of living where we do and enjoying my freedom to do what we want.

Except that you have to have some kind of industry connection to get in. Some of us are just "consumers". (^_^)

Although I think that's one trade show where I'd be happy to help consume just about everything they are showing.

A C&R license will get you in the door (just another incentive to get one).

Now... back to the regularly scheduled bickering. [wink]

Not to bring up and old thread but the scumbag factor on Sunday morning in Marlborough was not bad at all. Only complaint I have is the people running the NRA sign-up table really should keep the Nazi "collectibles" on a separate table, doesn't reflect well on the NRA. How about some American flag pins and decals...

Back
Top Bottom