Second form of Identification

that's funny a friend of mine let his drivers license expire a few weeks ago and needed a form of ID to fly. He was nervous all he had was his temp from the registry and his LTC. He showed Both to the person at the airport and he said that the LTC was better because it was way harder to get than a drivers license.

I lost my DL while on vacation in CA and was nervous to use the LTC with TSA. I called and check with TSA headquarters and they said that would work fine. At the gate when I handed the LTC as ID, the agent immediately asked if I had a gun, I said no, then they let me through.

A couple days later (while still waiting for the replacement DL) I was at Fenway and they wouldn't accept the LTC to buy beer. Guess its harder to buy beer then fly...

that's funny a friend of mine let his drivers license expire a few weeks ago and needed a form of ID to fly. He was nervous all he had was his temp from the registry and his LTC. He showed Both to the person at the airport and he said that the LTC was better because it was way harder to get than a drivers license.

I was at Fenway amonth ago..they wouldn't sell me a beer because my DL had expired. I showed the girl my LTC.."that's no good...DL only"
She gave me the beer after I told her I could have fathered her. [thinking]

I had a friend who was traveling and was asked for a second ID at an airport, so he takes out his TWIC and the TSA guy says they don't accept them.

In order to get a Transportation Workers Identification Card, a document you need to get into ports to pick up freight, bulk loads of gasoline, and such you have to document your existence all the way back to Adam & Eve.. the amount of documentation is mind blowing. It makes the TSA background check for a Hazardous Materials endorsement on your CDL look like a hall pass.

So my buddy asked the guy why they don't accept one of the hardest documents in the country to get and the guy shrugs.

I had a friend who was traveling and was asked for a second ID at an airport, so he takes out his TWIC and the TSA guy says they don't accept them.

In order to get a Transportation Workers Identification Card, a document you need to get into ports to pick up freight, bulk loads of gasoline, and such you have to document your existence all the way back to Adam & Eve.. the amount of documentation is mind blowing. It makes the TSA background check for a Hazardous Materials endorsement on your CDL look like a hall pass.

So my buddy asked the guy why they don't accept one of the hardest documents in the country to get and the guy shrugs.

That's crazy.. Everyone working on the water needs a TWIC now..

I use my state issued picture ID all the time, when asked for an ID. It is funny when they try to write down your "license number", thinking it is some sort of drivers' license.

How about the time at Jillian's when a bunch of guys from NES were there. The waitress came over after a while and asked for ID's. Each and every one of us pulled out their LTC. Kind of funny, actually.

I was in Ottawa Canada last week and was asked for 2 forms of government issued ID at one of the places I was visiting. I had left my passport in the car and all I had was my LTC and DL. They were accepted without any question or unusual reaction. I was half expecting some level of negative reaction in Ottawa of all places but nothing at all. She looked at both, compared the pics to my face, and handed them back without any comment.

I was there to participate in VERY expensive event my company paid for and that's the reason they were confirming I was who I said I was.

I have used my FID twice as a second form of identification. one, to actually get my drivers license. used passport and FID. and at the bank to sign up for a checking account i used my dl and my FID. never given any problems. i was surprised i was not given a hard time because i am 16.

That is absolutely ridiculous. That is like MA issuing DLs and saying theyre not acceptable forms of ID. Its their damn card! sigh...

Back
Top Bottom