September 24-25 Marlboro Gun & Knife Show

I'm sure that Len will correct me if I'm wrong.

But no-ban are parts and firearms that were made after the sunset of the Federal AWB. Because MA has their own AWB that is similar to old Federal ban. We can't have things that are on the state AWB that are now legal in the rest of the country because of the Federal AWB sunset.

C-pher said:
I'm sure that Len will correct me if I'm wrong.

But no-ban are parts and firearms that were made after the sunset of the Federal AWB. Because MA has their own AWB that is similar to old Federal ban. We can't have things that are on the state AWB that are now legal in the rest of the country because of the Federal AWB sunset.

You have it correctly.

Pre-ban mags (pre 9/13/94 mfr) are OK.

Many mags are very difficult to damn near impossible to determine if they are pre-ban or after the ban was lifted (9/14/04). And MANY unscrupulous dealers are selling MA-illegal mags to people telling us that they are pre-ban.

Some mags have been redesigned since 1994, some mags/guns didn't exist prior to the Fed ban, so hi-caps from any source must be MA-illegal.

It is very confusing, and the chances of getting caught and prosecuted may be slim, but the penalties are 10 years in the "big house" per mag and some DAs (looking to look like they are "tough on crime" and aiming for higher office) may be very willing to persecute some unsuspecting gun owner.

I plan to go to the show, both to support the GOAL staffers manning the booth, and to see all the goodies.

First on my weekend's to-do list is the IDPA match at Riverside Gun Club that Saturday. It gets priority, mostly because I am it's Match Director!

I'm planning on being there when they open on Saturday (9:00 AM I believe). Actually, I'm going to try to get there by 8:30 at the latest, as the last show I went to we got there at 9:05 and the line was around the building!

FWIW, here's what I look like: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/Jay_G/JaywithFAL.jpg (Note: I will not have the FAL, it's actually not mine...) I wasn't kidding about the shaved head and goatee...

I'll most likely be wearing that shirt, too; that's Kim du Toit's "Nation of Rifleman" T-shirt...

Hope to see you then!

For now unless I can get one of those cool N.E. Shooters patch's you guys made I will wear my favorite T-Shirt

All Black in Big White Letters:

My gun has killed less people then Ted Kennedy's car

[lol]

I should have a few T-shirts ready to order by the end of the weekend. I'll add more as we think of them.

Jay G said:
I'm planning on being there when they open on Saturday (9:00 AM I believe). Actually, I'm going to try to get there by 8:30 at the latest, as the last show I went to we got there at 9:05 and the line was around the building!

FWIW, here's what I look like: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/Jay_G/JaywithFAL.jpg (Note: I will not have the FAL, it's actually not mine...) I wasn't kidding about the shaved head and goatee...

I'll most likely be wearing that shirt, too; that's Kim du Toit's "Nation of Rifleman" T-shirt...

Hope to see you then!

I wasn't kidding about the Sox had and jeans...though I wasn't wearing Jeans here.

halloweeneeyore002.jpg

I will be there on Saturday and guess what??? I got a shaved head and a goatee too! I will be wearing jeans, and my Northeast shooters shirt.
If anyone needs them, I found directions HERE

Adam

I'll be wearing a NES shirt and an NES hat. I will have the Hats done this evening. I got stuck at work late last night and the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was get back on a computer.

They will ask if you are armed. If you tell them yes, they will force you to disarm and they will keep your mags/ammo until you leave . . . then they will hand them back to you upon exiting (only if you remember to ask [wink] ).

I wonder how many spare mags/ammo they end up with at the end of a weekend show?

Gun Show

Generally, they do not require you to leave the mags if you give them the ammo.

The concept is bizarre - pre-owned ammo is some sort of a danger, but you can buy all you want inside the show.

Re: Gun Show

Rob Boudrie said:
Generally, they do not require you to leave the mags if you give them the ammo.

The concept is bizarre - pre-owned ammo is some sort of a danger, but you can buy all you want inside the show.

You know, I've always thought that this was weird as well. I mean, they give you back your pistol. So, you could just go in and buy another mag and ammo and reload if you wanted to. They don't check when you walk out, so you could just take the magizine, or ammo and put it in our pocket. It's really dumb.

Show question's

Are we allowed to conceal at the show?
Can we bring guns to see if parts or accesories will fit?
Did anyone nail down a meeting spot for the show?
Is tax tax charged? I would think they are supposed to but is it done anyways.

Moderator said:
Show question's

See above comments...

Yes, they will just have to be cleared and tagged when you walk in...there will be a table and an officer at the front door.

I haven't heard anyone say that there is one...I'm going to be looking for people wearing the NES shirts.

You know, I think that the prices that they have marked is the one that I've always paid for parts and such...So I don't think that they do...unless they do on the guns. Don't know as I've never really bought a gun at a show.

I'm thinking of hitting the show. Tried to talk my wife into going but she won't. I'll trek up by myself.

I'll be by my self too. I will just hit the bank on Friday afternoon and get me some cash (just in case I find some goodies)

Adam

Moderator said:
Show question's

1. If you ask permission - NO! They used to allow vendors to stay armed, that is no longer the case. You'll see vendors with empty holsters, holstered guns with tie-wraps around the hammer, etc.

If you respond that you are armed, they will disarm you. If you respond "no", they will not search your person but may look in any bags you carry in. I always carry a canvas bag with my C&R FFL copies, C&R List, etc. and they have looked in it numerous times.

2. Yes, they will tie-wrap it so that it might be difficult to fit in some holsters, or test other accessories. Just be extra careful of muzzle sweep as people are everywhere (and my observations are that people are exceptionally careless . . . sweeping barrels across many people, even "sighting guns" on people to "check it").

3. I won't be there (stuffing myself on lobster at BR&P), so I'll leave that to others.

4. BY LAW every vendor MUST have a MA Sales Tax Certificate and must charge sales tax. While working the GOAL table at gun shows, I have had MA DOR agents approach/ID themselves to me twice and demand to see our MA Sales Tax Certificate. They walk around the shows early the first day on a regular basis and ensure compliance. They also send shills into shows to buy without paying sales tax and then fine the vendors. This is also a reason why you usually will NOT find "private individuals" renting a table to sell surplus items, as DOR REQUIRES them to charge sales tax, declare the sales as income, etc. (even if they do this only 1x in their lifetime).

Now, in spite of the above, very few vendors actually will charge you sales tax. Also, very few will give you any sort of a receipt too.

Hope this answers some questions.

C-pher said:
Man, I'm a dumbass, I forgot to close each quote.

WHoops, sorry. My fault for not previewing it.

C-pher, this is as much a question as advice. . .

If you spot an error in your post, you "should" be able to go back and edit the post to correct it.

Now for my question . . . is the above true even if it is a day later or someone has posted a reply? [I ask this because I have seen the "window of time" when I could edit my posts close in another forum, either based on "elapsed time" or once someone posts a response. As a Moderator, we can edit any post at any time, so I can't judge what you see here without asking a non-Mod poster.]

A couple of extra questions..

When you say disarm me, do you mean taking my entire gun or just the ammo, or mag too. And if I say no I am not armed the they will not or can not search me? If I simply unload my gun in my car before attempting to walk into the show and prove that the gun and mag is empty will they still tie wrap the gun? How would they go about tie wrapping a gun that has no hammer?

This will be my first gun show, so I want to know what I am in for.

Thanks
Adam

Back
Top Bottom