Shipping rifle back to factory?

Obviously a lot of you must have had to do this at one point or another. What is the procedure and best carrier to ship through? Can I still do this personally or must I go through an ffl? Thanks in advance.

My last experience shipping back to manufacturer was like this: I called S&W and told them I needed to ship it to them. They e-mailed me pre-paid shipping label, I pacakged it and dropped the package off at Fedex distribution center. S&W shipped it back to Fedex center after repair and I picked it up. Very easy.

Oh, and when you ship the gun, make certain it's loaded (kidding).

I had to ship one of my rifles to Savage Arms. I called them, they shipped me a box and shipping label. When I had It ready, I called Ups for the pick up. I had my rifle back within 3 weeks.

Same with my vz58...A trigger guard rivet hadn't been fully pressed. Czechpoint sent me a label that I put on the box, UPS picked it up and brought it back when they were done. They fixed it and also sent a minty mint bayo along with a letter apologizing for the inconvenience...

What company are you shipping it to?

Some have specific instructions on sending a rifle and like others mentioned will sometimes send you a pre-paid label.

I had to ship one of my rifles to Savage Arms. I called them, they shipped me a box and shipping label. When I had It ready, I called Ups for the pick up. I had my rifle back within 3 weeks.

I've got a Savage and I perused their CS page on their site. According to the info there, it said that the customer had to pay the freight on the return but that they would pay the shipping back to the customer.

Did you use you "Wonder Woman" charms to get them to pay both ways? Also, how'd you get them to send you a box? I gotta say you got great service. I thought only S&W was that good.

Sending to S&W. The guy on the other end wasn't particularly helpful and offered no such info regarding pre-paid shipping labels???? I bet if I call again with the info you guys gave that they'll come through with something better. Thanks gentlemen.

If it is a MA company, drive it there yourself, and let them ship it back to you! (If you're within an hour or so drive, that is.)

I've shipped handguns back to S&W, every time they paid shipping both ways. Call and ask for a shipping label then bring to the depot (UPS or FedEx) and drop it off. Simple as it gets. No need for FFLs to ship to mfr/gunsmith.

I've got a Savage and I perused their CS page on their site. According to the info there, it said that the customer had to pay the freight on the return but that they would pay the shipping back to the customer.

Did you use you "Wonder Woman" charms to get them to pay both ways? Also, how'd you get them to send you a box? I gotta say you got great service. I thought only S&W was that good.

Maybe he liked my voice?? [wink] [smile] I don't know but they where very nice. Not only did they ship me a box with all the packing material, they also paid the shipping both ways. I didn't even have to ask. That was what they said they where going to do and apologized for the problem with my rifle. Maybe though, he thought because I was a girl that I couldn't figure out how to place a gun in a box and ship it???? [rofl] I love being a broad... you men make life sooo easy for us. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom