Signs and Symptoms of Non-Serious Buyers

I have a history of taking customers and projects that nobody else wants. He's a good guy, a DDS that owns 3 practices. I really don't mind people trying to save some money, esp in today's day and age. What really pisses me off is if people call all the time for every little thing. I try and keep customers that can properly submit trouble reports and vet their own questions. This guy has his employees call Patterson if there's a problem with their dental software, and call dell if there's a problem with the PC. OFC I'd help if he asked, but he's smart enough to know that I cost 10x what his employees do.

What really causes me grief is if I'm on the road and someone calls demanding my immediate appearance for an emergency that's not really an emergency 'everythings broken you need to get here right now!' 'i tried resetting the cable modem nothings working' and I get there and there's a cable missing from the cabinet, and then the customer gets all pissy when they see a bill for $500. That happening once can blow out my schedule for a week. And people wonder why my emergency rate is 2.5x.

I usually will warn people like that, but it depends on who it is. If it's someone who never calls for that kind of thing, thats one thing. I help them out.

If its the "were calling you because this is a problem induced by my cheap prick boss that wont do what mike told hiim to do a year ago because mike warned him that this would happen" then basically I have no sympathy. Thankfully I only have literally one customer in this class, that honestly I'm on the verge of dropping.

Then I summon the rape train and basically say "I can come down there, but you might want to ask your boss for approval, for these its a minimum of $250 just to show
up (before anything gets done) because I have to bump someone else and essentially you have to pay for their basic service call, because I can't, in good conscience, make someone pay for an appointment I forced them to reschedule. " And I follow through on that, too. Its rare but it is funny when it happens "Oh, goodcustomer, your basic is waived today, because the jerk that caused me to miss my last appointment with you has effectively paid for it. " [rofl]

I’m on the exchanging of numbers side, if a person is giving one worded evasive answers I break contact and move on. If someone sounds interested and not trying to tire kick my price down too much we can usually work something out, once a price is agreed on I will tell them if they want to make the deal they need to say so and follow through with texting me a pic of their LTC for guns, until that happens it’s still for sale to anyone. If it’s a non firearm then I still want to exchange numbers to work out the logistics after a deal is made. In my experience once the the PM’s are done and texting or talking via phone starts it’s been good all the way through. I’ve found that guys that don’t communicate well are usually a waste of time. I’ve had great deals with 0 post and 0 feedback guys a few times.

Right. At some point, you fire the client.

I've fired plenty of clients. I just have insurmountable patience. I used to teach basic computer classes to the elderly, and taught karate to special needs kids. If you look really carefully at the pool of clients that nobody will touch with a 10' pole you can find some whales.

I just have insurmountable patience. I used to teach basic computer classes to the elderly,
0zysk445k4161.png

Immediate read flag if they ask to trade for these.

View attachment 470704
Holding out...
974beaa91a88d10ec72b22c50cf0d86a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom