Single Action Revolvers

I noticed a large lack of photos and info on these beauties! [smile] I thought it would be nice to have a single thread with a bunch of photos and info on all the different single actions we have.

I'm a big cowboy fan from when I was little. My first single action was a Ruger New Black Hawk .357 with a 4 3/4" barrel which I ended up selling. At the time I didn't think about getting a Colt SAA due to price. I absolutely wanted a Colt at some point due to the history with them. Eventually I hope to own a 1st or 2nd gen SAA.

Recently, missing having a single action, I've sort of gone hardcore into them again. First pick up two weeks ago was a Uberti El Patron CMS 3.5" .357. It is tuned from the factory with Wolff springs and they have been tested and certified for flawless fit and function.

Mine locks up tight and has a great fit and finish. The checkered grips are great! The CCH (color case hardening) isn't "real". It isn't done in a furnance with charcoal. It doesn't look bad at all, but just different.

Below is my EMF Great Western II Custom. The Custom EMF's are hand fitted and polished at the factory. The pistol is sent to Turnbull Restoration (Doug Turnbull) to be CCH. This is the real deal and it looks stunning! Before I received the EMF I didn't think there would be a huge difference between the CCH when comparing to the Uberti, but there is. My EMF has the Express grip with some beautiful checkered wood grips. It is setup with a 4 3/4" barrel.

After ordering those two I realized I wasn't done. Back off to Gunbroker I went. I scored another Uberti El Patron, but in a 4 3/4" barrel this time. After that one I realized I wanted something a bit more original. I started to look at USFA's but since they arn't made anymore prices were pretty close to what I could pay, and at some points exceeded, the price of an actual Colt SAA.

All these revolvers were in .357 Mag and I knew if I was to get a Colt it had to be in .45. It would be my only firearm chambered in it, but it is just too perfect not to get it chambered in that caliber.

Found one on GB for a decent price, new in box and bought it. 4 3/4", blued/case colored, black rubber grips. Now it's a waiting game for the Colt, the Uberti, and some .45 ammo to arrive.

I'm looking forward to running these at the range. If they shoot as well as they look i'll be happy.

Great pictures. Those are some incredible wheelguns. I can't wait to see pictures of the Colt.

Great pictures. Those are some incredible wheelguns. I can't wait to see pictures of the Colt.

Here you go! Pulled out my proper camera and reshot the EMF as well. You can see how much more colorful the EMF is. I heard the Turnbull CCH is usually more vibrant than factory CCH. You can really see the difference between the Colt and EMF. Honestly, they are both beautiful!

Looks like this thread needs a bump and more pics!

Edit: Strange, I used the '800' size versions of these pics and embedded them the same way I do on other forums, yet they look much smaller than they should. I noticed that if you right-click one and 'view image' you can see them much better though...

Here's my pair of J.P. Sauer & Sohn / Hawes SAA clones, the day I picked 'em up many years ago. .45lc and .22lr
Both are incredibly accurate

3443736913_b11bb8c3b1_z.jpg

Here's a better shot of the .45

7519235668_7ec2b82247_c.jpg

Here's one of THE most accurate handguns I've ever shot let alone owned
Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 mag

5455400530_26cab64f5a_z.jpg

This is a sweet-shootin' 1858 Pietta Replica with a custom-fitted .45lc conversion cylinder (which is loaded with snap-caps in the pic)
5927365343_42ed1953f2_z.jpg

"Buffalo" model 1858 replica with 12" bbl
5388398689_e91fe524af_z.jpg

a group shot of some of my powder guns
6246787065_c1562a3c63_z.jpg

an ORIGINAL Colt's 1860 Army that has been passed down in my family since the Civil War
7499656870_1247fbab0b_c.jpg

7499657248_5d00b25142_c.jpg

Another shot of my 1847 Walker Uberti replica
6247309634_42dc7657b6_z.jpg

and this one was never mine, but I helped a friend find a good home for it. It's a "Sam Houston Sesquicentennial 1847 Walker" with 24k gold inlay. Wish I coulda bought it myself!

6256155445_6145e4dc79_z.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool Nemo!

Since posting this i've sold the 3.5" Uberti and currently trying to sell the 4.75" as well. I'm looking to hang on to the Colt for sure and maybe the EMF, although i've placed it for sale. I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to shoot any of them yet.

Back
Top Bottom