• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Snubbies! Show me some pics of your snubnose revolvers.

Colt started using the shrouded ejected rod look in mid-1972. I've carried my Detect Special and never had a problem with snagging on the ejector rod.

Detect Specials have gotten pricy from the days of old..... Most of them seem to sit in the $500 - $600 range. Not sure about the air weights. Lawman (357) snubbies are a little pricier at round $600 to $800 and Python's bringing in about $1700+. It's also noteworthy to add that the Lawman snub had unique grips. The 4 inch and bigger were a square butt don't interchange nor to the grips for any other models.

My 629 "Mountain Backpacker"

629.jpg

Just got it and considering letting it go just because I can't find any ammo to feed it.

3" L frame 44spl with the PC enhancements

IMG_3832_zps1a549352.jpg

Here's my Lawman snub
DSCF0096-1.jpg

Last edited:
Just got it and considering letting it go just because I can't find any ammo to feed it.

3" L frame 44spl with the PC enhancements

Keep it. The ammo will come. I thought about trading mine up for a 9mm, but I know I'de be kicking myself for letting it go.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the same one with the suvival kit (and bear attack book)

342218_01_s_w_629_es_44_magnum_w_emergen_640.jpg
That is cool.

Edumacate me on this model - its vintage, era made, etc.
I inherited one that is very similar and know nothing about it.

I'm no S&W expert but Model 10's and before that what they were known as was Military and police have a long long history.
Posting part of the serial # found on the butt of the gun will narrow it down for you include any letter before it as that is part of the serial number
example C 265XXX

Edumacate me on this model - its vintage, era made, etc.
I inherited one that is very similar and know nothing about it.

I'm no S&W expert but Model 10's and before that what they were known as was Military and police have a long long history.
Posting part of the serial # found on the butt of the gun will narrow it down for you include any letter before it as that is part of the serial number
example C 265XXX

S 939xxx

have a 4in barrel just like it, S 814xxx

ETA given that this is an S serial number and not a C serial number, looks like I have a different model. Research ensues.

Last edited:
No you have earlier ones with that S serial #
The 4"one sounds like 1946...Does it just have Made IN U.S.A. like this

Back
Top Bottom