SKS Sporter

I have a Norinco SKS Sporter (which, BTW, has become separated from its magazine [crying]) and I'm trying to figure out if this is an SKS-D, or SKS-M.

I am confused by these designations. What is the difference between the D and M models?

This is the one with the detachable mag, and this one has that wacky thumbhole stock.

The SKS-D came with the bayonet lug and reagulier SKS stock. The SKS-M didn't have the bayonet lug and came with the Montie Carlo or thumbhole type stocks. Here is a pic of the ones I have, and they are the SKS-M's

DSC00725.jpg

Very helpful info. Thanks. Looks like mine's am M. I'm thinking of selling it soon. I can't get comfortable with the stock. It's like holding an old hunk of deck planking ...

Very helpful info. Thanks. Looks like mine's am M. I'm thinking of selling it soon. I can't get comfortable with the stock. It's like holding an old hunk of deck planking ...

You can still get good money for them. These rifles have increased in value since the importation stopped years ago.

Back
Top Bottom