Smith M & P approval

I decided after reading this thread to pass on a Glock and get myself an M&P 9mm for shooting USPSA production division instead. Further, following the wisdom of the contributors to this thread I bought from Mike at TiteGroup and shipped the pistol to Burwell via Fed Ex for a trigger job. Painless.

Sunday I shot my first match with the pistol and I couldn't have been happier. Well, on second thought, I would have been happier if it wasn't pelting rain but not by a whole bunch. The M&P is outstanding. I have a small hand and with the small grips installed it was made for my hand. The only mistake I made, which I will correct on my own, was not having the magazine disconnect removed.

You guys give good advice, thanks.

How long was the turnaround at Burwell? Did you just bring the pistol to the Post office? Thanks!

So, I need to go through my gun store to get some out of state smith work done...bummer....
No, you can send it using UPS or Fed Ex. Just make sure you notify them that you are shipping a handgun. It will be expensive because they require you overnight it.

So, I need to go through my gun store to get some out of state smith work done...bummer....

+1 to what adweisbe stated but to add, send it packaged as light as you can. Use a small box with just enough packaging to protect the firearm. No need to send a mag as Dan has them.

Weight should be 4# at that point or close to it. To ship priority next day FedEx it will cost about $50. You can not take it to a shipping store, you need to take it to a FedEx terminal. Bring a copy of your LTC as their company policy dictates they know you are legal to ship (I have shipped many firearms and have only been asked one time).

I would contact Dan Burwell first via E mail and make sure he knows it is coming. If you ship to him on Friday, he will get it Monday. If he is not jammed, you will usually have it back again Friday.

I have had him do 2 for me and both were done quickly and professionally. Could have saved yourself some time with THIS

Good luck,

info on MP 9's and 40's

fyi - S&W Shooting Sports Center is going to have M&P 9's and 40's on sale starting tomorrow, I dont have the $$ right now [crying] but figured i'd pass the news along... dont expect them to be there long...only a small quantity and several are already reserved.

How long was the turnaround at Burwell? Did you just bring the pistol to the Post office? Thanks!

Total time was close to 2 weeks. I used FedEx. I took off the slide, packed the parts into a box before I got there and told the desk clerk I was shipping a firearm. He asked me if it was apart and if there was no ammo in the box and that was it. When Burwell returned it FedEx I needed to sign for receipt.

Does anyone know if you purchase a full size 10 Round M&P new from outside MA and transfer it in via FFL, does it have to have the Mag saftey and Lock (both?)to be MA compliant per AG regs?

Looking at S&W's web site they have a few variations of 10 Round models, is there a specific product# that is MA OK that an FFL can sell or do you need to have both these features if purchasing new.

Does anyone know if you purchase a full size 10 Round M&P new from outside MA and transfer it in via FFL, does it have to have the Mag saftey and Lock (both?)to be MA compliant per AG regs?

Looking at S&W's web site they have a few variations of 10 Round models, is there a specific product# that is MA OK that an FFL can sell or do you need to have both these features if purchasing new.

You might be able to do this, but if the MA FFL is smart it will "bounce" and he
will not transfer it to you. This will work only if the MA FFL doesn't care (and
is willing to put his ass on the line for you) and at that point you might as well
just have it sent in directly to him (eg from an FFL on say, gunbroker) and save
yourself the extra transfer fee. )

-Mike

So does anybody know which of the local gun shops might be getting these in soon? - I have been wanting an M&P - and was waiting for the 9mm to come out.

Did I miss something? The Mass M&Ps have been out for weeks (40s and 9mms). Nobody can keep them in stock, but they're out there.

You guys need to come out to the country, we are closer to the factory[smile] I know of at least a couple of shops that have one or two. I was checking one out saturday at Nick's in Palmer.

For those still looking for an M&P: I stopped by Blue Northern in Ayer this afternoon, and they had a handful of Mass M&Ps in stock. I saw one .40 and at least three 9mm sitting in the case.

Personally, I'm holding off for the .45.

For those still looking for an M&P: I stopped by Blue Northern in Ayer this afternoon, and they had a handful of Mass M&Ps in stock. I saw one .40 and at least three 9mm sitting in the case.

Personally, I'm holding off for the .45.

Do you know how much they were asking? Blue Northern is usually a little higher priced than the other shops I have looked at.

Back
Top Bottom