Smith M & P approval

... Your P99 .40 has a better stock trigger then the out of the box triggers on M&Ps even outside of MA. The only problem with your P99 is that it is chambered in .40 ;-) The P99 AS trigger is fantastic...

You're right, my P99's trigger is about as good as any of my firearms. What I can't get past is the fact that a new M&P is going for the price I paid for my P99 used at FS a year ago. I definitely want to try one out.

got to hold one of these tonight, down at zha.
they were trying to get the key out of the grip to take it down
the guys kept going for the tools, marco didn't seem to amused
nice looking gun, but if it's that much of a pita, not sure it's worth it
they have the 40 think the price w $500.00

gary

It is really not that difficult. You just need to know what you are doing.

takeddown

shepherd, i think these guys know what they'r doing
they just coulnd't get the little key out of the magwell
they even read the manual, i asked
the manual said to turn the little (technical terms now) thingy,
a 1/4 turn, they said it felt like it was going to break,

garyz

"The Smith & Wesson M & P is one of the easiest guns ever to do trigger work on."

They obviously don't know me

What did you do, was it a new MA. compliant one. Im sure alot of menbers like to know because people have been waiting for some time for this model to be available. Sorry to here of your troubles.

I have 2 M&Ps. One if 40S&W other in 9MM. Trigger work was done in PA by Burwell Gunsmithing.

He lightens the trigger to the 4.5# I request, smooths the action, and adjusts the reset to make it shoirt and sweet. His cost of a trigger job for carry/duty is $50.

The cost is a little deceiving. The shipping both ways runs about $85 so that brings the job to $130. Still a bargain at that price for the work and the service.

I will get my 9MM back tomorrow and it will be set up exactly like the 40 both in function and it will have the same Dawson sights. Now, if you want to compare service to anyone else, Dan got my 9MM last Friday and I get it back tomorrow. Not a bad turn around.

If you want to try to do the trigger job yourself, I have posted a link in other places on this forum for the trigger job. I work on a lot of guns but I did not want to do this myself as I plan to carry and compete with these.

For Dan's web site see BURWELL

Tell him Gary from MA sent you. I am a happy customer and a repeat offender[laugh]

It just sucks that SW has to change a good weapon with a nice trigger to a MA. one with a shitty trigger you have to change it out.

Thanks

What did you do, was it a new MA. compliant one. Im sure alot of menbers like to know because people have been waiting for some time for this model to be available. Sorry to here of your troubles.

I don't own an M & P. I was referring to my general ineptness when it comes to mechanics. Whatever I try to do turns into a train wreck

The whole sear hosuing can be replaced with one pin. In and out... now all we have to do is wait for Brownells to get the parts in... Just think that the trigger will make you a better shooter. If you can accurately shoot w/ a 10lb trigger, 3-4 will be a breeze.[smile]

FedEx came knocking this morning with the return of my M&P from Burwell.

First let me thank Round Gun Shooter for the reccomendation, and of course Dan Burwell for outstanding customer service and fast turnaround.

The trigger is CRISP & LIGHT, and the reset is SHORT ........... it is a 1000% improvement over the stock configuration.

I can't wait to get it to the range.

FedEx came knocking this morning with the return of my M&P from Burwell.

First let me thank Round Gun Shooter for the reccomendation, and of course Dan Burwell for outstanding customer service and fast turnaround.

The trigger is CRISP & LIGHT, and the reset is SHORT ........... it is a 1000% improvement over the stock configuration.

I can't wait to get it to the range.
You are welcome.[grin] Before you head to the range, do some dry fire with it. I found getting the feel of that reset made a difference. Amazing what he does isn't it?

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom