Smith M&P

My M&P is back from Burwell. Trigger is a nice crisp 4.5#, reset is fantastic, take up is a little long but that was explained before the work was done.

The Shark treatment is sharp and makes the grip very sticky. Only dry firing right now, but should hit the range tomorrow.

Now, for the service part and a recommendation:

Dan Burwell is a very good business man and an excellent gunsmith. He did what he said he would do and in a very reasonable time frame (one week from when I shipped to when I got it back) His communication is excellent. He e mails with any ideas, problems, recommendations. It is nice to deal with a professional.

Anyone looking to have work done, can do it with no reservations. He stands behind the work.

Limited Division here I come

regards,

Could you post Dan's contact info? Does he have a website?

For all the hype surrounding the release of this pistol, you'd think JMB himself designed and created it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this firearm not designed as a military/police TOOL (a la Glock) rather than a sporting or target type pistol? I still want one (in .45) but I'm not as excited about it as some other folks.

Chris

For all the hype surrounding the release of this pistol, you'd think JMB himself designed and created it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this firearm not designed as a military/police TOOL (a la Glock) rather than a sporting or target type pistol? I still want one (in .45) but I'm not as excited about it as some other folks.

Chris

Well I guess we need to try it out for ourselves as the reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive. I'm only disappointed that we have to take a gun that is priced reasonably and then have to pay more to make it right because of MA BS!

Chris

Many guns that are designed for Militay/police use have the best features for sporting/competition. Usually with a little tweaking these guns make the best guns for competition.

The M&P compacts are out in Ohio already. I handled a 9 compact and loved it, but it is too thick for me to conceal. I need deep concealement as I hardly ever wear untucked shirts.

The Khar P9 and PM9, however, now those are sweet CCW guns.

Just talked to people I know at S&W about the M&P series

They are pretty sure that the Mass Compliant models of their handguns should be available to Non-LEO by the beginning of next Years.

Fee

Two MPs are on the newest list but still have not been approved by the Attorney General. Who knows when he will decide, if ever, to approve them for sale.
From what I've been told by the owner of a large gun store in eastern MA, the Attorney General does not "approve" handguns. In fact, the AG's office has refused to tell the store owner whether a particular handgun met or did not meet the AG's regulations. Instead, the AG's office told the store owner that he should read the regulations and do what he thought was appropriate. The store owner did so -- believing that particular handgun met the AGs regulations he began to sell it. A couple months later, the AG initiated legal action against the store owner, stating that the gun in question did not meet their regulations (even though the store owner had queried the AG's office and they had refused to respond).

I know of one store that has a M&P in stock, but it cannot be sold because 1) the trigger is less than 10 lbs and 2) the magazines are standard capacity magazines. I believe he is simply waiting on the shipment of Mass-compliant M&Ps, not any action by the AG.

Back
Top Bottom