So the Gf is going for ltc A in CANTON`

Its her first lic. a side from her mace. She wants an A. I know the COP is anti but she works in the city and parks in a rough hood. She wrote this in her letter to the COP what are her chances in changing the mind of the COP , w here being a female and looking for personal protection?

She her course offered by the former lic. officer, whos son is now the lic. officer. Any experience with getting one in CANTON. She says she will just go back every 6 months if she dosnt get it. till she gets it.

Remember it's not only who you know but who you bl.... well let's just say it is very unlikely.

Canton is listed as a black town, meaning no dice. I imagine if your girlfriend is a wealthy politician she can get one.

She might get a class A restricted, which is what my city does for ALL new LTC's.. It makes no sense, but the chief feels like he has some control I guess..

Ask them. I was speaking to the inheritance thing though. I think your probably boned for the license.

Anyone have experience in Geting and A unristricted in Canton what do you hafta do?

I know someone in LE and he had to threaten legal action against the town. The former chief is a friend (anti however) and the current chief was his licensing officer.

Whats she gonna do when its time to inherit firearms that are A only?

The PDs don't really care, it's not their problem (from their viewpoint).

I have no idea what the current thinking is there, what they issue, willingness to upgrade, etc.

Sounds like she took the course from Tom Kelleher. Regardless, he should have been able to tell her what her odds were and how to approach them to get LTC-A. You might reach out to him and ask him outright.

Last edited:
No-go in Canton, flat out not happening. I used to live there, and know (knew) the Chief through my line of work. Unless you have unlimited $$ to fight the good fight, not going to be an unrestricted A.
Frankly, she'll be lucky to get a B there.

Yes, Canton sucks (and I used to work for the town). I'd strongly suggest the lawyer route before applying.

My experience with Canton:

I moved to the town from Dedham. I worked for the Norfolk County Sheriff's Dept as a line officer and Deputy Sheriff. I had my CCW permit from Dedham, went to the Canton PD (in uniform) to inform them of my impending move. The Canton Chief wanted to yank my permit and not issue me another. At the time, old Sheriff Marshall (long dead) required a permit in order to keep your Deputy Sheriff appointment. I finally had to threaten a law suit against the town if I suffered employment problems as a result. Mind you, I already had a valid permit, had passed vigorous background checks in regard to my counterintelligence duties a few years prior and the chief's call to the Sheriff corroborated everything that I told him.

Well, they finally gave in and approved. I did promise to piss on that chief's grave.

Good luck to your GF. I wouldn't expect a restricted LTC-A in Canton, let alone unrestricted. From everything I've heard, she'll need to give a damn good reason to even get a class B, which doesn't allow her to carry "loaded and concealed" and limits all handguns to 10 rounds or less. It sucks, but that's what "may issue" means. The chief can deny you for not being a "suitable person" where suitability is up to him to decide.

Back
Top Bottom