• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So whats next?

SKS Ray

NES Member
I'm willing to bet everyone reading this post has a firearm they intend on buying as their next purchase. Now I know some of you just hang back and wait for a deal to jump out in front of you and I can't say I blame ya. After all a sweet deal on a gun you didn't expect to buy makes collecting fun. But I think everyone has an idea as to what they would like to find and plan on buying next. Sure theres lots of Well I always wanted to get a _____, and maybe a _____ if I can find one, hey... i'm the same way in having been looking out for an SVT40 for some time now. But as far as guns I definitely have my sights set on and plan on for certain owning in the near future, i'd have to say a new Savage Model 93R17BTVS, and a CMP M1 Garand are my top priority. I'm also currently talking with another NESr about buying a MAS 49-56.
So what about the rest of you? Whats next on your shopping list? Just remember... keep the replies definitive buys, not dream guns like that 03 Springfield with Pederson device that you hope to find in some old timer's attic. [laugh]

When I get the $$'s...

I'd like to get a S&W99 (Jay let me shoot his at the range [smile] ). I WANT ONE!!!! (course, there's a ton of others I want too, but that's on the top of the list)

I've decided to jump on the 1911 bandwagon. I kind of like the features of the S&W 1911DK, but I'm skeptical of the "flat" trigger and the Doug Koenig billboard ad on the slide. If anyone can recommend a Mass. available alternative, I'll go for it. The plan is to sell or trade my G22 to partially fund the 1911. I will not spend more than $950.

Chris

There's a lot I'd like to buy, but for certain my next few purchases will be a Ruger MK-III (slabside or fluted barrel... I haven't decide which), Ruger GP-161 and at least 2 AK-47 receivers (Global Trades or Ohio Rapid Fire), I'd really like to get into AK-47 home builds.

Para .45 with an LDA trigger - I need one more .45 to round out the collection.

Not sure what my next long arm will be; it's either going to be a Mosin Nagant 91/30 or a SMLE of some vintage.

I have $450 down on a new S&W 1911 that I got for $619 at Collector's. I just need to scrape up a couple hundred more bucks and find some reason to get to Stoneham so I can enjoy my first 1911.

M1A Scout
Para .45 LDA full size (still deciding double or single stack)
Multicam stuff
50BMG AR15 upper

I was at Collector's the other day and saw a Ruger 22/45 MkIII for $250. That's about my price point.

BUT I also looked at their .22 rifles and the CZ-452 for $310 (they only had the .17 chambering in stock) was incredibly nice. That comes with the added cost of having to join a club with a rifle range, though. But it's such a nice gun for such a nice price. Really incredible.

The do allow it, but 50ft wouldn't be much fun. Hm, but you are right that I wouldn't have to get another membership right away...

Jeremiah said:
The do allow it, but 50ft wouldn't be much fun. Hm, but you are right that I wouldn't have to get another membership right away...

I did that for quite a while. It's a LOT harder than you think.

My next firearms will be a 1903 Springfield, CMP just shipped it, and the next I want is a Beretta M9 (sentimental reasons, my assigned weapon is an M9).

Last edited:
Pilgrim said:
????????????????????

Did your wife lay down the 'law'?

Nope, I'm a permanent resident not yet a citizen. Permanent residents have to prove they have been resident in their state for 3 months whenever they purchase a gun (federal law).

So I will be counting the days until I go on a spending spree [smile] I should have both my concealed carry permit and my C&R by then so I will "need" a XD40 subcompact for carry, a K31, a SKS, maybe a mauser or two, etc etc

Milsurps 4 Me said:
So what about the rest of you? Whats next on your shopping list? Just remember... keep the replies definitive buys, not dream guns like that 03 Springfield with Pederson device that you hope to find in some old timer's attic. [laugh]

Definitely on the list is a Para WartHog, once I can squirrel away some cash in the "she doesn't know about it" gun fund... [wink]

After that I don't know. I've been thinking about one of the Seecamp .32 autos for pocket carry (since we MA residents must be spared the horror of Kel-Tec). Or go the opposite direction and pick up a S&W model 629...

My next gun won't be a gun it will be a 2nd reloading press. A Dillon XL1050 in .38 super. I spent a little over $7500 in the past 2 months on guns so I need to slow down a bit or I'll be getting divorced...

PistolPete said:
My next gun won't be a gun it will be a 2nd reloading press. A Dillon XL1050 in .38 super. I spent a little over $7500 in the past 2 months on guns so I need to slow down a bit or I'll be getting divorced...

[shocked]

They have any more job openings over at T.W.A. Pete ?[smile]

Back
Top Bottom