Some things make me wanna cry

SKS Ray

NES Member
You just have to be in the right place at the right time. I have gotten a few. I worked at a gun shop for a year or so cleaning guns and got some good deals from there( this is in the past 2 or 3 years). I got a SVT-40 for $175, SPAS-12 for $375, Polish TT-33 for $85, Mosin Nagant M38 with SA markings for $25 (they only captured 3000 of them), Street Sweeper new in the box for $625. You just have to know what you are looking at and know the value of them because sometimes they don't know. Keep hunting they are out there. I have also paid to much for some of my gun because I didn't know what they were worth.

Sounds like a seperate thread in the making.[smile] For the record... best deals I ever got was a mint unfired K98 SVW for free, a Swiss K11 for $160, and a Finn M91 Mosin Sest. for $100.

Buy the best examples that you can afford of the guns that you like.
Even though the prices seem high today, ten years from now they'll be a bargain.
I skipped a few pizzas and beers to buy my unissued Garand for $153 in 1985.
The Colt MK4 Series 70 govt model that I paid $250 for in 1979 seems like a helluva deal now.
The only regrets I have are the hundreds of nice guns that I've SOLD in the last 40 years!

Talk about getting your collection off to a kick ass start! Reading this post on the Parallax forums just made me wanna cry. http://p102.ezboard.com/fparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforumsfrm14.showMessage?topicID=9940.topic
I should be happy for the guy because I wish I could have such good fortune. But this is where I wish someone would point me in the direction of a Snopes article proving this story wrong simply because I didn't find these cheap buys.[crying]

It's offset by the fact that the guy seems to live in CA. So for dealing/copin
with their god awful gun laws there, he should be rewarded with truckloads
of cheap milsurps. [grin] If one is going to reside in communist purgatory,
one might as well have a few decent rifles!

-Mike

My best deals have been done by constantly visiting the local gun shops 3 to 4 times a week to stay intouch with whats being traded in or turned in by older collectors. Its really time consuming and costly gas wise but the deals can be really awesome. I would pic a few weeks a month and do this. I found FN49's for under $300 and an svt 40 tokarev for $300 plus more this way. We just have to move quickly and carry the cash too. Its tough sometimes when i can't buy it all. I passed on p14's and p17's but i got the more expensive stuff. The bottomline is we have to stay looking all the time. The search is the best part of doing this its the most fun.

I don't know how you guys do it but i sit and make a wish list that i think someday i will find them. Then i make a list of guns i think i will never find nor see in person. Its funny that sometimes the ones i think i'll never see or find will show up. I found a swede CG M96 all matching numbers/even the wood with range plate and i thought finding one was rare as hens teeth and its in excellent condition too. I have only seen pics of this stuff.
Later i found a '95 chilean 7mm mauser in the same condition too with matching bolt/numbers and even the wood matches too. Finding a chilean 7mm mauser with just matching bolt numbers is rare. If we stay looking we have to get lucky sometime.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom